a CNES study supports/copies MY idea to launch the Orion withAriane-5

Old January 8th 10, 06:40 PM posted to sci.space.policy
gaetanomarano

Location: Italy
Default a CNES study supports/copies MY idea to launch the Orion withAriane-5

..

over 3.5 years AFTER my proposal (published everywhere on the web)

http://www.gaetanomarano.it/articles/010arianecev.html

a CNES study supports/copies MY idea to launch the Orion with Ariane-5

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/hy...01/french.html

..
Old January 8th 10, 09:20 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Me

On Jan 8, 12:40*pm, gaetanomarano wrote:
.

over 3.5 years AFTER my proposal (published everywhere on the web)

http://www.gaetanomarano.it/articles/010arianecev.html

a CNES study supports/copies MY idea to launch the Orion with Ariane-5

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/hy...01/french.html

It doesn't mean you were first. Not everything is on the web

Old January 12th 10, 02:36 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Indaco

They could also improve and human rate Atlas V or Delta IV heavy...
they also exceed the capacity of 22000kg to LEO required for Orion.

I really can't understand why Ares I is required..... but I probably
miss something.
Old January 12th 10, 06:29 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

Indaco wrote:
They could also improve and human rate Atlas V or Delta IV heavy...
they also exceed the capacity of 22000kg to LEO required for Orion.

I really can't understand why Ares I is required..... but I probably
miss something.

What you miss is the aerospace industry getting as much money out of the
government as possible.
That's why United Launch Alliance has both Delta IV and Atlas V doing
the same thing.

Pat
Old January 12th 10, 01:39 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Indaco

On Jan 12, 6:29*am, Pat Flannery wrote:
Indaco wrote:
They could also improve and human rate Atlas V or Delta IV heavy...
they also exceed the capacity of 22000kg to LEO required for Orion.

I really can't understand why Ares I is required..... but I probably
miss something.

What you miss is the aerospace industry getting as much money out of the
government as possible.
That's why United Launch Alliance has both Delta IV and Atlas V doing
the same thing.

Pat

Yes, I know.... it happens in all the world (more on less) that to
help the industry things like this are made. But why not to spend the
same taxpayer money to resarch something new? Is more risky to do
someting that can be useful or not instead of doing something that is
certainly useless?

By the way, Ares I uses that ugly SRB that can't be shut off, cannot
be thrusted, pollute like the hell, have to be handled full and are
not so safe (ask it to that 21 dead brazilians in Alcantara and to the
Challenger crew).... EELV at least uses partially liquid first stages
that seems more reasonable to have much more launches than today.
Old January 12th 10, 10:53 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

Indaco wrote:

By the way, Ares I uses that ugly SRB that can't be shut off, cannot
be thrusted, pollute like the hell, have to be handled full and are
not so safe (ask it to that 21 dead brazilians in Alcantara

Yeah, I remember that one now that you mention it, it was pretty bad.
The US Army had something like that happen once with a Pershing missile
in Germany when static electricity ignited a first stage motor when it
was being unpacked from its shipping container, killing three.
My pet nightmare scenario is having one of the SRBs on the Shuttle fail
to ignite at liftoff, sending the whole launch stack over sideways.

Pat

Orion launch on Delta IV H study Damon Hill[_4_] Space Shuttle 11 August 19th 09 07:56 AM
DONT WORRY !!! Orion could STILL perform a landing on LAND !!! See the idea and the animation !!! gaetanomarano Policy 0 August 7th 07 04:58 PM
Old idea spawns new way to study dark matter (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 June 6th 07 08:51 PM
Old idea spawns new way to study dark matter (Forwarded) Andrew Yee[_1_] News 0 June 6th 07 08:02 PM
Evidence supports idea of living organisms on Mars Dawn Baird-Chleborad Amateur Astronomy 2 April 2nd 05 10:07 PM