Surprised by Clouds

Old January 10th 07, 12:49 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
W. Watson

Default Surprised by Clouds

Maybe others have noticed this before, but it surprised me. The other day
around 2 pm I was videoing some material outside our home. The sky was quite
clear and sunny. Not a cloud anywhere, so I thought. I was using a b/w
camera whose output was hooked to a video card in my PC. I was a bit puzzled
by some reflections on the ground, and decided to change to a TV monitor.
The sky up to about 30 degrees altitude was visible in the shots, and I
noticed there were in fact small clouds in the sky up at the top of the
picture. I verified this with binoculars. It just goes to show you (me!)
that you can't always trust your eyes. Comments?

"Most people are alike -- except for
Republicans and Democrats." -- Groucho Marx
--
Web Page: home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews
Old January 10th 07, 02:22 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur

Comments??

Book yourself an eye examination.........?

------
"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security
will deserve neither and lose both."
[Benjamin Franklin]

"War is delightful to those who have had no experience of it."
[Erasmus]

"A collision at sea can ruin your entire day."
[Thucydides]

et...