A dwarf planet with the most distant orbit known found beyond the observed edge of our Solar System.

Old March 26th 14, 09:27 PM posted to sci.astro
Jan Panteltje

Default A dwarf planet with the most distant orbit known found beyond the observed edge of our Solar System.

A dwarf planet with the most distant orbit known found beyond the observed edge of our Solar System.
http://home.dtm.ciw.edu/users/sheppa...er_oort_cloud/

amazing long orbit periods these sort of thing have.
http://home.dtm.ciw.edu/users/sheppa.../sednoids.html
Old March 27th 14, 12:05 AM posted to sci.astro
dlzc

On Wednesday, March 26, 2014 1:27:21 PM UTC-7, Jan Panteltje wrote:
A dwarf planet with the most distant orbit known
found beyond the observed edge of our Solar System.

http://home.dtm.ciw.edu/users/sheppa...er_oort_cloud/

They talk about a massive shepherd planet in this article. I wonder:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyche_%...ical_planet%29
http://arxiv.org/abs/1102.0212

David A. Smith
Old March 27th 14, 08:02 AM posted to sci.astro
Jan Panteltje[_3_]

On a sunny day (Wed, 26 Mar 2014 16:05:52 -0700 (PDT)) it happened dlzc
wrote in
:

On Wednesday, March 26, 2014 1:27:21 PM UTC-7, Jan Panteltje wrote:
A dwarf planet with the most distant orbit known
found beyond the observed edge of our Solar System.

http://home.dtm.ciw.edu/users/sheppa...er_oort_cloud/

They talk about a massive shepherd planet in this article. I wonder:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyche_%...ical_planet%29
http://arxiv.org/abs/1102.0212

But they say that data is 'in neat disagreement' with such a planet...
But maybe there is more than one?

Maybe random concentrations of mass could explain it too?

David A. Smith

Old March 27th 14, 01:27 PM posted to sci.astro
Yousuf Khan[_2_]

On 26/03/2014 4:27 PM, Jan Panteltje wrote:
A dwarf planet with the most distant orbit known found beyond the observed edge of our Solar System.
http://home.dtm.ciw.edu/users/sheppa...er_oort_cloud/

amazing long orbit periods these sort of thing have.
http://home.dtm.ciw.edu/users/sheppa.../sednoids.html

Here's another article about it:

Dwarf planet discovered at solar system's edge - Telegraph
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/1...tems-edge.html

In the article they mention that they may expect to see objects larger
than Mars or maybe even the Earth in this region. I somehow doubt it,
though.

Yousuf Khan
Old March 27th 14, 03:45 PM posted to sci.astro
dlzc

Dear Jan Panteltje:

On Thursday, March 27, 2014 12:02:33 AM UTC-7, Jan Panteltje wrote:
They talk about a massive shepherd planet in
this article. I wonder:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyche_%...ical_planet%29
http://arxiv.org/abs/1102.0212

But they say that data is 'in neat disagreement'
with such a planet...
But maybe there is more than one?

Maybe random concentrations of mass could explain
it too?

There was a "larger than Jupiter" planet that was expected to be responsible for the shape of the inner solar system. Maybe Tyche. Maybe it broke up.. But if it did, the lunar observations occurred over decades, the Oort cloud observations over hundreds of years.

The data that was referenced at the end of the Wikipedia link is now purportedly available for public access. Wish I could contribute to the search somehow...

David A. Smith
Old March 27th 14, 08:40 PM posted to sci.astro
Brad Guth[_3_]

On Wednesday, March 26, 2014 1:27:21 PM UTC-7, Jan Panteltje wrote:
A dwarf planet with the most distant orbit known found beyond the observed edge of our Solar System.

http://home.dtm.ciw.edu/users/sheppa...er_oort_cloud/

amazing long orbit periods these sort of thing have.

http://home.dtm.ciw.edu/users/sheppa.../sednoids.html

Thanks to the efforts of a few, as of late 2012 we got a few more solar system items identified, not to mention whatever icy mass the Oort cloud should have to offer, plus there's supposedly at least another significant item (planet X) to discover, meaning there's potentially another 1e26 kg unspoken for.

2012 VP113 and Sedna could each have been influenced if not contributed from Sirius, rather than having been perturbed by any stealth tenfold-Earth massive item, especially when the all-inclusive mass of those nearby Sirius stars had recently amounted to as much as 12.5 Ms (2.5e31 kg) as of only 64 million years ago.

Of course, if 2.5e31 kg wasn't a sufficient consideration as of 64+e6 years ago, there's always the 2.5e37 kg mass of worthy gravity influence imposed by the terrific Bok populated and stellar birthing nebula with Bok densities supposedly as great as 1e4/cm3, that our galaxy encountered and as likely having surrounded our solar system as of only 256 some odd million years ago, which created those two or possibly three super-stars of Sirius, and there's still no telling whatever happened to Sirius(c) or any of those Sirius planets. The originating nebula mass required for creating such nearby stars of considerable mass and greater metallicity can be worthy of at least 1e4:1 or even as great as 1e6:1 from such a protosolar capable nebuli.

The Really Big Cosmological Lie / Alan Guth
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...et/4OOh4WyJN0k
Along with the discovery of red and brown dwarfs representing at least a thousandfold if not 1e5 times greater population than all other stars combined, there's hardly any shortage of or missing mass that'll keep our universe as forever expanding, unless there's an ongoing flow of mpc755 aether taking place (similar to what the polar jets of black holes produce as an outflux of entangled photons and positrons, suggesting there is some matter-antimatter fusions taking place within black holes).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeans_instability
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carina_Nebula
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagoon_Nebula
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nebula

Escape velocity
http://www.calctool.org/CALC/phys/as...scape_velocity

Lagrange Point Finder (plus lots of other information)
http://www.orbitsimulator.com/formul...intFinder.html

Gravitational Force Calculator
http://www.calculatoredge.com/chemic...vitational.htm

Hard to imagine Sedna and other far ranging items not being affected by such a nearby stellar influence, especially of 64+ million years ago.