[OT] PING --- Herb

Old September 12th 06, 04:47 PM posted to sci.space.history
Rhonda Lea Kirk

Default [OT] PING --- Herb

Dear Herb,

This is totally off-topic, but I wonder if you know, off the top of your
head, what laws Tennessee has regarding internet stalking.

I've got a live one by the tail this time:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.s...e76feeb?hl=en&

The old **** was just a nuisance, but this endangers my family, and I
need to do something about it.

And yes, I know the real identity of my stalker. His name is Dustin
Cook, he is a former virus writer, and he resides in Kingsport, TN.

Thanks.

--
Rhonda Lea Kirk

Happiness limits the amount of suffering one is
willing to inflict on others. Phèdre nó Delaunay

Old September 12th 06, 08:15 PM posted to sci.space.history
snidely

Default PING --- Herb

Rhonda Lea Kirk wrote:
[...]
The old **** was just a nuisance, but this endangers my family, and I
need to do something about it.

Ouch!.

Hope you get help for this guy.

/dps

Old September 12th 06, 09:21 PM posted to sci.space.history
Scott Hedrick

"Rhonda Lea Kirk" wrote in message
And yes, I know the real identity of my stalker. His name is Dustin Cook,
he is a former virus writer, and he resides in Kingsport, TN.

Rhonda to punk: "Say hello to my Usenet friends...just leave the head for
identification."

Old September 12th 06, 09:31 PM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Rhonda Lea Kirk wrote:

Dear Herb,

This is totally off-topic, but I wonder if you know, off the top of your
head, what laws Tennessee has regarding internet stalking.

I've got a live one by the tail this time:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.s...e76feeb?hl=en&

This must be really dirty, as it won't allow me to even read it. :-D

Pat
Old September 13th 06, 12:14 AM posted to sci.space.history
Herb Schaltegger[_1_]

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 10:47:45 -0500, Rhonda Lea Kirk wrote
(in article ):

Dear Herb,

This is totally off-topic, but I wonder if you know, off the top of your
head, what laws Tennessee has regarding internet stalking.

I've got a live one by the tail this time:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.s...e76feeb?hl=en&

The old **** was just a nuisance, but this endangers my family, and I
need to do something about it.

And yes, I know the real identity of my stalker. His name is Dustin
Cook, he is a former virus writer, and he resides in Kingsport, TN.

Thanks.

Hey, Rhon'! Sorry to hear of your troubles. :-( I don't have a
statute citation handy, but I bet the TBI (Tennessee Bureau of
Investigation) will know the criminal statutes that make stalking of
any kind a felony in this state. Give 'em a holler (with as much
documentation as possible of course) at: http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/
And of course, good old telephone works too: (615) 744-4000

If the TBI can't/won't help you out, since this creep is acting over
state lines, the FBI might be interested as well. The Knoxville FBI
Field Office is who you'd want to contact: http://knoxville.fbi.gov
or (865) 544-0751

Good luck. :-(

--
Herb Schaltegger
"You can run on for a long time . . . sooner or later, God'll cut you

Old September 13th 06, 12:56 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Herb Schaltegger wrote:

Hey, Rhon'! Sorry to hear of your troubles. :-( I don't have a
statute citation handy, but I bet the TBI (Tennessee Bureau of
Investigation) will know the criminal statutes that make stalking of
any kind a felony in this state. Give 'em a holler (with as much
documentation as possible of course) at: http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/
And of course, good old telephone works too: (615) 744-4000

If the TBI can't/won't help you out, since this creep is acting over
state lines, the FBI might be interested as well. The Knoxville FBI
Field Office is who you'd want to contact: http://knoxville.fbi.gov
or (865) 544-0751

Good luck. :-(

(Looks up from "Teller's War" and snickering about the X-ray laser.)
He
http://www.wiredsafety.org/cyberstal...tennessee.html
Weren't you down in Florida at last check Rhonda?
http://gsulaw.gsu.edu/lawand/papers/...state_statutes

"The Florida statute is much broader than the California credible threat
model because of its two-tier approach[13]. The Florida statute is a two
tiered model that does not require a credible threat for a stalking
conviction, but does required a credible threat[14] or violation of a
court order for aggravated stalking. The statute[15]defines stalking as
willful, malicious, and repeated following or harassment[16]. Under the
Florida statute, there is no reasonable person standard for the victim’s
fear. Thus, merely following or harassing may constitute criminal
stalking even if the victim is unharmed.

The statute further defines aggravated stalking as willful, malicious,
and repeated following or harassment of another person and making a
credible threat with the intent to place that person in reasonable fear
of death or bodily injury[17]. Under the Florida statute, stalking is a
misdemeanor in the first degree and aggravated stalking is a felony of
the third degree. This statute differs from the California statute in
two major ways. First, it does not require that the perpetrator have the
apparent ability to carry out the threat. Secondly, it provides an
exception to the credible threat if the person commits stalking (lesser
offense) in violation of a court order. Although, the Florida and
California statutes are similar, the Florida statute reaches further
than the California Statute because it creates immediate criminal
liability without physical attack or threat of attack[18]."

Pat
Old September 13th 06, 02:07 AM posted to sci.space.history
Scott Hedrick

"Herb Schaltegger" wrote in
message .com...
If the TBI can't/won't help you out, since this creep is acting over
state lines, the FBI might be interested as well. The Knoxville FBI
Field Office is who you'd want to contact: http://knoxville.fbi.gov
or (865) 544-0751

When I had a problem with a guy in Arizona harassing me in Albuquerque in
1999, I contacted the FBI and the problem went away.

Old September 14th 06, 05:20 AM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_1_]

wrote:

This is totally off-topic, but I wonder if you know, off the top of your
head, what laws Tennessee has regarding internet stalking.

...Hell, I thought any stalker in Tennessee was under open season,
regardless of whether the dip**** was using the internet or not.

Watch your ass, Rhon. As we know, there's some real whackos out
there...

OM
--
]=====================================[
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [
Old September 14th 06, 12:33 PM posted to sci.space.history
Scott Hedrick

"OM" wrote in message
Watch your ass, Rhon.

There's a bunch of us trying to do that right now, but she keeps moving!

Old September 14th 06, 12:41 PM posted to sci.space.history
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 07:33:37 -0400, in a place far, far away, "Scott
Hedrick" made the phosphor on my monitor
glow in such a way as to indicate that:

"OM" wrote in message
.. .
Watch your ass, Rhon.

There's a bunch of us trying to do that right now, but she keeps moving!

That's a major element of the fun of watching.