CCD with slr lenses?

Old February 19th 05, 04:41 AM
George

Default CCD with slr lenses?

Hi. This is my first post to the group. I've been kind of read in the
background, and now I have a question. Does anyone know of an adapter that is
available that will allow one to use 35 mm SLR camera lenses with a ccd camera?
I have an SAC 4D CCD camera with the standard adapters for astrophotography.
But if you guys are like me, you have a lot of old lenses for your 35 mm SLRs
laying around gathering dust. What I'd like to be able to do is to attach a
wide angle 35 mm lense (28mm aperture) to the SAC and take some wide angle
shots. My lenses have the male pentax mount. What I need is an adapter that
has a male thread on one end that will thread into the camera. The adapter
needs to be about 1-1.5 inches in length (variable length would be even better)
so that the lense will focus properly on the CCD chip. The other end of the
adapter would need a female pentax mount like the mount that comes on the
camera. What about it folks. Anyone know of an adapter like this? I'm sure
that considering the industry today, this is something that would have to be a
home build, but I just thought I would ask.

Old February 19th 05, 07:11 AM
JATO

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 04:41:15 GMT, "George"
wrote:

[...]

I would start he
http://www.sbig.com/sbwhtmls/ccdacc.htm#ACCESSORY ITEMS

-JATO
http://jatobservatory.org

Old February 19th 05, 08:52 PM
George

wrote:

[...]

Many thanks. That's exactly what I was looking for.