Einstein's Second Postulate Violates His First.

Old December 16th 08, 09:57 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,fr.sci.physique,fr.sci.astrophysique,sci.astro
Pentcho Valev

Default Einstein's Second Postulate Violates His First.

On Dec 15, 6:28*pm, John Kennaugh
wrote in sci.physics.relativity:
TomRobertswrote:
John Kennaugh wrote:
Science tries to understand nature.

I repeat: it simply is not possible for mere humans to understand
nature. All we can do is construct models of the world we inhabit, and
to test those models experimentally. This is called science, regardless
of your wishes to "understand" nature -- the best one can do is to
understand some MODEL of nature; by being so willfully unaware of this
you divorce yourself from science.

* * * Hint: as soon as you express some concept in either words
* * * or mathematics, it is already far removed from nature,
* * * and is some sort of MODEL. Nature clearly uses neither
* * * words nor math.

I repeat: Show me an instance in biology where the above statement
applies.

Name any other science where you can show it applies.

"Science is the field of study that attempts to describe and understand
the nature of the universe. It is an integral part of modern culture."

Physics has narrowed its remit making it a part of mathematics - no
PROPER Science has.

[... a lot of other nonsense -- the above is the kernel of his
*confusion]

You cannot apply your nonsense retrospectively to a time when it was not
accepted by physicists working at that time. That is the kernel to your
confusion. It is impossible to understand the history if you assume your
statement was always considered true - it wasn't.

" Physics started to go wrong in 1905 when Einstein published his
* relativity theory. Accepting the theory, physicists abandoned the
* attempt to understand nature, and asserted that the business of
* science is not to understand but merely to learn how to manipulate."

--
John Kennaugh
"The nature of the physicists' default was their failure to insist sufficiently

Here the reference to John Barrow's revelations (published in Nature)
is obligatory:

http://plus.maths.org/issue37/featur...ein/index.html
"Einstein as icon" by John D Barrow
"Einstein restored faith in the unintelligibility of science. Everyone
knew that Einstein had done something important in 1905 (and again in
1915) but almost nobody could tell you exactly what it was. When
Einstein was interviewed for a Dutch newspaper in 1921, he attributed
his mass appeal to the mystery of his work for the ordinary person:
Does it make a silly impression on me, here and yonder, about my
theories of which they cannot understand a word? I think it is funny
and also interesting to observe. I am sure that it is the mystery of
non-understanding that appeals to themit impresses them, it has the
colour and the appeal of the mysterious."

Pentcho Valev