[OT] Satellite images of tusnami

Old December 29th 04, 01:50 PM
Herb Schaltegger

Default [OT] Satellite images of tusnami

Pretty amazing stuff . . .

http://www.digitalglobe.com/sample_imagery.shtml

--
Herb Schaltegger, B.S., J.D.
GPG Key ID: BBF6FC1C
Old December 30th 04, 06:25 AM
Derek Lyons

Herb Schaltegger wrote:

Pretty amazing stuff . . .

http://www.digitalglobe.com/sample_imagery.shtml

Try also; http://www.globalsecurity.org/eye/andaman.htm

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL
Old December 30th 04, 07:40 AM
Patty Winter

Derek Lyons wrote:

Try also; http://www.globalsecurity.org/eye/andaman.htm

I don't know who Global Security are, but they've lifted
entire passages from the USGS, the Pacific Tsunami Warning
Center, and US AID (and maybe other sources) without
attribution. See, for example:

http://neic.usgs.gov/neis/bulletin/neic_slav_ts.html
http://www.prh.noaa.gov/ptwc/wmsg
http://www.usaid.gov/locations/asia_near_east/tsunami/

Since those pages are from U.S. government agencies, they
are probably not copyrighted, but it's still way tacky to
use their text without crediting it.

Patty