there's a little black spot on the sun today

Old January 14th 05, 05:48 PM
Brian Tung

Default there's a little black spot on the sun today

Actually, it's about the size of Jupiter. Pretty impressive. If you
have any kind of safe solar filter, you should take a look at it.

Brian Tung
My Own Personal FAQ (SAA) at http://astro.isi.edu/reference/faq.txt

Old January 14th 05, 06:13 PM
Alexander Avtanski

Brian Tung wrote:
Actually, it's about the size of Jupiter. Pretty impressive. If you
have any kind of safe solar filter, you should take a look at it.

Whoa! This thing is HUGE!

Thanks,

- Alex
Old January 14th 05, 06:38 PM
Howard Lester

"John Steinberg" wrote

Brian Tung wrote:

there's a little black spot on the sun today

It's the same old thing as yesterday
There's a black hat caught in a high tree top....

Ouch! I just got "Stung"... by a Tung!

Call the Police!

Old January 14th 05, 07:33 PM
Brian Tung

John Steinberg wrote:
It's the same old thing as yesterday
There's a black hat caught in a high tree top....

Is that your insole up there? I mean, it kind of looks like your
footprint. (Though I wouldn't dare walk in it.)

Old January 14th 05, 07:38 PM
Mark

Here's a view for those who are cloud-challenged:

http://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/

Old January 14th 05, 07:52 PM
Mark

Sorry, here's a more direct link -
http://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/sunspots/

Old January 14th 05, 08:08 PM
Davoud

Brian Tung:
Actually, it's about the size of Jupiter. Pretty impressive. If you
have any kind of safe solar filter, you should take a look at it.

Sun? The Sun has returned!? Why wasn't I told about this? I once had
safe solar filter, but believing that the sun was gone forever, I
converted it into a shaving mirror and now it's covered with soap scum
and other crud. I must try to find a way to see this "Sun" one day.

Davoud

--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com
Old January 14th 05, 09:02 PM
Stephen Paul

"John Steinberg" wrote in message

(with a dash of Mark-Almond and Leon Redbone.)

Can anybody tell me what Diddy-wa-diddy means?

Old January 14th 05, 09:16 PM
Howard Lester

John "You Can Call Me Pedro" Steinberg wrote

Howard BIG UNIT Lester wrote:

Ouch! I just got "Stung"... by a Tung!

Call the Police!

Ouch, that must Sting. Do you feel like the King of Pain? Better call
Roxanne.

I will, as long as you don't stand so close to me.

Anyway, there's a track titled Spaceships that's rather trippy and like
a cross between Fleetwood Mac, Mungo Jerry, America, Bachman Turner
Overdrive, The Chordettes, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Procol Harum
and Nina Simone (with a dash of Mark-Almond and Leon Redbone.)

....featuring Georgie Fame and the Blue Flames singing "Mr. Sandman."