Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Old June 4th 16, 07:37 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Sunny and hot here. Currently 87F as of 11:15 PM PDT here in sunny Gresham.. Possible high later in the day 100F! East wind blowing 13 mph.

Farmers market in session just outside.

There will probably be some firings from the Portland Public Schools over the lead and radon dangers. A couple people have already been suspended.

Meanwhile out in my old school district of Corbett, about 10 miles from here, it is fun and games as always! Their budget was just voted down, and there are accusations of the superintendent having a girlfriend on his staff he is paying a $75,000 salary! Things are tense! The school board and the public are not on the same page, and there is talk of recall, or an appeal to state authorities for help! What a mess! The schools have set high standards which have brought in lots of tuition paying students from out of district. It's one way to pay for the schools and keep them open, but it has caused a divide between the board and what local residents really want from the schools.

Double-A

Old June 5th 16, 07:40 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Again sunny and 86F as of 11:30 AM PDT here in Gresham. Expected high later 98F. Global warming seems to be proving itself at last! It is only early Jone.

Went across town yesterday to pick up some Korean food Kim bought for me. Actually the air conditioned MAX train wasn't a bad place to be in this 90+ degree weather.

Double-A

Old June 6th 16, 08:07 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Sunny again here in Gresham. As of 12:00 noon PDT it is 82F. Slightly cooler than yesterday. Probably will only make it to 90F, unlike yesterday's 97F.

Rose Festival time in Portland. They were lining the streets waiting for the Starlight Parade when I came through town last Saturday. Next Saturday will be the Grand Floral Parade. An air show will be coming up later.

Double-A

Old June 7th 16, 09:17 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Sunny skies and calm here in Gresham. Currently 80F as of 1:15 PM PDT. The heat wave is almost over.

I received the sad news yesterday that my favorite uncle who lived in Hillsboro has passed away. He was 93.

Double-A

Old June 9th 16, 08:25 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Overcast sky here in Gresham as of 12:15 PM PDT. 61F and calm.

Double-A

Old June 10th 16, 07:53 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

A chilly 59F as of 11:45 AM PDT here in Gresham. Some clouds. Showers are about.

Grand Floral Parade coming up tomorrow in Portland.

Double-A

Old June 11th 16, 07:18 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Sun through clouds. Had a thunder storm last evening. Now 61F as of 11:00 PM here in Gresham.

I have been trying to get one of my old computers to work, but keyboard wouldn't work. Finally this morning I discovered I had damaged the prongs on the plug trying to plug it in from an awkward position. So I tried the keyboard from my other old computer and it worked fine! So I have completed step one of being able to access my old data. If I can access my old programs and brush up on my programming techniques, perhaps I can seek gainful employment! If so, the money could pile up real fast!

Double-A

Old June 11th 16, 10:39 PM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

On Saturday, June 11, 2016 at 11:19:01 AM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
Sun through clouds. Had a thunder storm last evening. Now 61F as of 11:00 PM here in Gresham.

I have been trying to get one of my old computers to work, but keyboard wouldn't work. Finally this morning I discovered I had damaged the prongs on the plug trying to plug it in from an awkward position. So I tried the keyboard from my other old computer and it worked fine! So I have completed step one of being able to access my old data. If I can access my old programs and brush up on my programming techniques, perhaps I can seek gainful employment! If so, the money could pile up real fast!

Double-A

Sounds great AA. Walmart Fixed my acer laptop.Ihad it for six months and its plug in was not working.They do not carry acer's no more.Walmart in Anaheim Plaza does me good all the time.Driziling all day.Very cool. Going out for Chinese.Sunday I'm boiling up 4 Maine lobsters,big salad,and MSP chips.Trebert
Old June 12th 16, 08:32 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Saturday, June 11, 2016 at 2:39:16 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
[...]

The Walmart here in Gresham is just one of those neighborhood grocery Walmarts. They don't sell computers. But there is a computer repair place here.. All I need for my old keyboard is a new cord. Maybe even just a plug. I found my computer tool kit, complete with soldering iron!

The other old computer I have is more powerful, but it is badly crippled with a virus. The directory has been corrupted and, back when I was using it, files kept disappearing. It needs a complete disk rebuild and restore.

A nice day here in Gresham. Currently 67F as of 12:30 PM PDT. The sun is shining! I still have to go fishing!

Double-A

Old June 12th 16, 09:05 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Notroll2016

"Double-A" wrote in message

A nice day here in Gresham. Currently 67F as of 12:30 PM PDT. The sun is
shining! I still have to go fishing!

Double-A

Take Hagar with you and pretend his sorry ass is Fredo.

Punishment for the Ft. Hood Terrorist. G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_] Misc 1 November 9th 09 06:59 PM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 May 6th 08 05:09 AM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee[_1_] News 0 May 6th 08 04:59 AM
east's direction wind peter Misc 2 November 28th 06 02:38 PM
the East's direction wind peter Misc 1 November 23rd 06 02:44 PM