Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Old March 25th 16, 08:40 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Only 47F and scattered showers as of 12:30 PM PDT here in Gresham. Calm. Sun should break through come Tuesday, and the real spring will begin then as the temp will start flirting with 70F!

The Oregon Ducks beat Duke last night in the March Madness tournament and are now in the Elite Eight! Keep your eye and your money on the Ducks!

This is good Friday. I suppose the more devout among you, like Harlow, will be attending mass. I heard that the Pope has spent his week washing and kissing the feet of altar boys. Hmmm.

Double-A

Old March 26th 16, 08:58 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Sunny right now here in Gresham with light clouds. 54 F as of 12:45 PM PDT. Easterly breeze. Expected rain by this evening.

The Oregon Ducks play the Oklahoma Sooners in Anaheim, California at 3:00 PM today on CBS. Go Ducks!

Double-A

Old March 27th 16, 09:14 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Easter Morning!

Back in my college days on an Easter morning, a group of us from the German language club drove up to Multnomah Falls and walked up the trail to a place up above the falls where the water flowed from east to west. Then before speaking a word to anyone, we washed our faces in that water. It was supposed to prolong our youth! Then we went over to nearby Wahkeena Park where a girl named Angie fixed us breakfast in the picnic area. Years later, my wife suspected that this was the reason I stayed looking so young. She wanted me to take her there on an Easter morning. But by that time there had been some gang activity in the area, and some people had been terrorized during the night on that trail, so I never took her.

Spring is the real beginning of the year. Up until the modern era, the year was considered to start with March. Perhaps that is why new Presidents originally took office in March, not in January. It is why December is called December (10th month) not Duodecember (12th month).

Today it is 50F as of 1:00 PM PDT here in Gresham. Some sun through clouds with occasional showers. Wind is out of the west at 11 mph.

The Ducks got blown out basketball's big dance yesterday. Ducks? What Ducks?

Double-A

Old March 28th 16, 09:25 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Only 49 degrees here today, but sunny days ahead! Wind 6 mph out of the southwest.

Double-A

Old March 29th 16, 10:20 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Sunny, clear skies, and 60F as of 2:15 PM PDT here in Gresham. Spring is here! But there was frost on the grass and roofs this morning. Calm so far.

I stopped at my bank and signed the final papers setting up my secured credit account. I will soon nave a credit card at last!

The Lady Beavers of Oregon State have down what the gentlemen Ducks failed to do. They have reached the final four in their basketball tournament! They will play again on Sunday.

Double-A

Old March 30th 16, 10:56 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

The perfect day of spring! Sunny, clear skies, calm, and 69F as of 3:00 PM PDT here in Gresham. No need for an umbrella today, or even a jacket!

Kim postponed our luncheon today. I hope she is OK.

Double-A

Old March 31st 16, 09:05 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Another lovely day here in Gresham. Sunny and 67F as of 1:00 PM PDT. A great day to be alive!

Double-A

Old April 2nd 16, 09:24 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Sunny and 61F as of 1:15 PM PDT here in Gresham. Another great day! Had my weekly lunch with Kim yesterday. A little late this week because she was slightly injured when a black girl assaulted her in a fast food restaurant earlier in the week. She could have had her locked up, but she did not prefer charges.

Double-A

Old April 3rd 16, 08:22 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Another spring-like day here in Gresham. Now 64F as of 12:15 PM PDT on this Sunday. But more rain is on its way.

The rich are getting richer. Million dollar condos are selling like hotcakes around here! The poor have had to move outside, camping in the parks until they are rousted out into the streets. What a world. Does Bernie Sanders have the solution?

Double-A

Old April 4th 16, 08:04 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

The rain is back briefly. Expecting record temperatures again later in the week. Currently 52F and light drizzle as of 11:45 AM PDT here in Gresham.

The Oregon State Lady Beavers got stuffed in yesterday's Final Four basketball game, but followed closely thereafter by the Washington Lady Huskies meeting the same fate.

Double-A

Punishment for the Ft. Hood Terrorist. G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_] Misc 1 November 9th 09 07:59 PM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 May 6th 08 05:09 AM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee[_1_] News 0 May 6th 08 04:59 AM
east's direction wind peter Misc 2 November 28th 06 03:38 PM
the East's direction wind peter Misc 1 November 23rd 06 03:44 PM