Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

Old May 5th 15, 11:18 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

Default Land of Mt. Hood and the Source of the East Wind

On Sunday, May 3, 2015 at 4:14:43 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
On Sunday, May 3, 2015 at 1:30:42 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
A nice but cool Sunday. Still only 65F as of 1:30 PM PDT here in Gresham. Expected high 72F.

Double-A

Twittering and Folly have long been posting on Twitter at

https://mobile.twitter.com/lettersnow

Double-A

AA saw Twitty's posts and pictures. She must be getting around pretty good. I have been to Mystic Conn. its a good take.Conn. is a sailing state. Still having problem with Pee-Aire,and in 15 minutes going back to Dr,to put back catheter. Taking a pill that still has a chance.Pee-Aire is very depressed. 15ft waves at Huntington Beach today,and I'm not there to take pictures with my new camera.TreBert
Old May 6th 15, 01:04 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Tuesday, May 5, 2015 at 3:18:57 PM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:
On Sunday, May 3, 2015 at 4:14:43 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
On Sunday, May 3, 2015 at 1:30:42 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
A nice but cool Sunday. Still only 65F as of 1:30 PM PDT here in Gresham. Expected high 72F.

Double-A

Twittering and Folly have long been posting on Twitter at

https://mobile.twitter.com/lettersnow

Double-A

AA saw Twitty's posts and pictures. She must be getting around pretty good. I have been to Mystic Conn. its a good take.Conn. is a sailing state. Still having problem with Pee-Aire,and in 15 minutes going back to Dr,to put back catheter. Taking a pill that still has a chance.Pee-Aire is very depressed. 15ft waves at Huntington Beach today,and I'm not there to take pictures with my new camera.TreBert

I heard they hanged more witches in Connecticut than they did in Massachusetts!

Still raining here. 60F.

Double-A

Old May 6th 15, 04:48 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

On Wednesday, February 25, 2015 at 5:31:40 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Mt. Hood looms much larger were I am living now. Many things there are named after it: Mt. Hood Community College, The Hood Theater, and Hood Drive. Some things have been named after the east wind too, such as the East Wind Apartments. The east wind is the dominant wind there in the winter. In summer it is nice though, and stays a little cooler than downtown Portland.

Today I am back over in the Cedar Mills Library, since I don't have my Multnomah County library card yet. After lunch with Kim downtown, I came up here. It is currently 51F here with a slight sprinkling of rain starting. Should be dry again in a couple day.

A few days ago I walked over to the Mt. Hood Community College campus. I spent 2 years in school there. Much has changed, but old memories still remain.

"The years run too short and the days too fast
The things you lean on are the things that don't last
Well it's just now and then my line gets cast into these
Time passages
There's something back here that you left behind
Oh time passages
Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight

A girl comes towards you
You once used to know
You reach out your hand
But you're all alone, in these
Time passages
I know you're in there, you're just out of sight
Time passages
Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight" - Al Stewart

At first I felt a little lost, but then I came upon a spot I clearly remembered. It was where I had gone out there and watched a speech by then President Jimmy Carter in the late 70's. He was the first President I had seen in person! A helicopter brought him in, and Iranian students hiding their faces were demonstrating against the Shaw of Iran.

I finally found the lake that they made by damming up the local creek. I once drove a car across that dam! But if I were to try it now, I would run into a fence. I now must give up any hope of wetting a line in that trout stocked pond, as fishing is now limited to those under 17. Well, that's how I always thought it should be.

I found the basketball court with the dome shaped roof. It is a paraboloid shaped roof which gives an interesting echoic effect at its center. They have wisely covered much of the ceiling with acoustic tile.

There used to be tables and chairs on the east side where students could sit. But now it's all basketball floor. That's were I used to sit and talk with Greta and Susan in those pleasant times.

"The day is here,
The time has come
When I go see my darling love.
But why is she not here today
Where she has always been before?
I wait for you,
But you come not. - AA

I went to the corner of Kane Dr. and Stark St. to look for the stone mile post marker for mile 14 from Portland. It was there back in 1969 when I checked. This were set down every mile along Stark about 150 years ago. Stark led to the Stark St. Ferry, which was the only way to cross the Willamette River back then, before they built the bridges in Portland. The Community College has put up a sign at that corner and surrounded it with rocks and other landscaping. But no sign of the historic mile stone. You would think that the administrators of a college of all people would have some respect for history!

Double-A

AA put some salt in the cheese and its pressure will go up,and die. Result so far on operation seem OK Pee-aire without catheter so far.However peeing in weak flow every hour.Was up all night. Doctor told me to relax.Easy for him.
Old May 7th 15, 08:21 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

A beautiful day in Gresham. Currently 59F as of noon, but it should get over 70F later on. This should be the first of many nice days.

Got the manager to come in and look at my water heater. He reset the relay and it started working again. But I don't think that will be the end of the story. He had a very short screwdriver to reach the panels too close to the wall for a normal screwdriver.

He gave me some glass shelves that I can use to set my television, stereo, and other things on.

Double-A

Old May 8th 15, 12:03 AM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

[...]

AA Another cool cloudy day.No rain.Still staying close to my doctors.The pills I take to help pee calls for one a day,but I took a chance,and taking two a day,and my flow is stronger.(Pee-Aire just noded) Staying positive,and just about living at the senior center.I played 8 ball on a snooker table,and did good. The Chinese will be playing ping pong later,and that's their game. TreBert
Old May 8th 15, 11:45 PM posted to alt.astronomy
G=EMC^2TreBert

[...]

AA 3 days without catheterWOW still its keeping me up all night,Have to go 10 times in 8 hours. It rained from 10 to 4am and could be about half inch.Cloudy again and very cool. Feels like Boston TreBert
Old May 8th 15, 11:50 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Thursday, May 7, 2015 at 4:03:32 PM UTC-7, G=EMC^2TreBert wrote:
[...]

Another great day here. Sunny and 78F. Had to go downtown to the clinic this morning. Yeah, doctors and their pills! They have been giving me pills for high blood pressure, but these were causing dangerously high potassium levels! So they made me take an EKG to make sure my heart was still alright! I mean, you take their pills for high blood pressure because you want to prevent things like heart attacks, and then the pills themselves might pose a greater danger? Makes me question the whole medical approach! And then they insist on keeping giving me blood draws which are very painful!

Coming back on the Burnside bus, I passed the Burnside Trolley Barn. It's where they kept the horse drawn trolley cars in the 19th century.

https://vintageportland.wordpress.co...ey-barn-c1980/

Ah, the good old days!

Double-A

Old May 8th 15, 11:52 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Friday, May 8, 2015 at 4:43:36 AM UTC-7, HVAC wrote:
On 5/6/2015 9:10 PM, Double-A wrote:

Mouse stole the cheese again! Don't want it to die behind a wall and stink up the place.

Put peanut butter on the trap as bait.
Trust me. I know how to catch a rat.

I'll try it. The cheese doesn't stick enough to the trap so the mouse can too easily remove it.

Double-A

Old May 9th 15, 12:01 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

On Friday, May 8, 2015 at 8:48:01 AM UTC-7, benj wrote:
On 05/08/2015 07:44 AM, HVAC wrote:
On 5/6/2015 9:10 PM, Double-A wrote:

Mouse stole the cheese again! Don't want it to die behind a wall and
stink up the place.

Put peanut butter on the trap as bait.
Trust me. I know how to catch a rat.

Peanut butter does work well! Harlow knows a LOT about rats!

I'll tell you some amazing science (Harlow likes to call it "belief").

I had a damn squirrel that ate a hole through my front door (I"m NOT
kidding) and moved in. At night he would run along the tops of curtains
knocking them off the rods and made a pee corner somewhere that I could
smell but not find. Put down dcon which he was eating but it didn't
work. I bought a couple of rat traps and baited them with walnuts.

Now here's the amazing thing: That damn squirrel was FASTER than a huge
rat trap! The best I ever did was the first time I got a small patch of
fur in the trap. After that he would set them off but never got caught.
Man! That is FAST! I mean did YOU ever get whacked by a rat trap? NO
chance of getting your hand back in time. I just stand truly amazed by
the animal kingdom!

(Eventually I had to buy one of those crawl into it traps, and one day
found him in there dead so I guess the dcon did eventually do it's job.)

It's just like dealing with your NWO, Harlow, you have to just be
persistent and use all means at your disposal at once. They are tough
and strong, but Faith and God wins the day! :-)

I've got a whole family of squirrels living in the back yard behind my ground level apartment. That's one reason I have got to get a screen door put on before the hot weather comes.

Double-A

Old May 9th 15, 08:28 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Double-A[_4_]

Beautiful weather here in Gresham. As of 12:15 PM it is a perfect 71F, headed for a high later between 79F and 81F.

A farmers market and plant sale has sprung up across the street from the library! I guess it will continue on Saturdays through the summer. Live entertainment and lots of goodies being sold. Wine tasting is the only liquid refreshment offered, but there is a tav right across the street if you need a brew. Everyone seems to think they should bring their dogs, but I didn't see and dog biscuit booths. Lots of people there too.

Double-A

Punishment for the Ft. Hood Terrorist. G=EMC^2 Glazier[_1_] Misc 1 November 9th 09 06:59 PM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Astronomy Misc 0 May 6th 08 05:09 AM
The source of the solar wind (Forwarded) Andrew Yee[_1_] News 0 May 6th 08 04:59 AM
east's direction wind peter Misc 2 November 28th 06 02:38 PM
the East's direction wind peter Misc 1 November 23rd 06 02:44 PM