Huygens image sizes

Old January 14th 05, 10:46 PM
RichA

Default Huygens image sizes

Is 32kb as large as they are going to be, even full rez?
That's pretty tiny.
-Rich
Old January 14th 05, 11:10 PM
Synchrotroll

"RichA" wrote:

Is 32kb as large as they are going to be, even full rez?
That's pretty tiny.

Yup, the DISR's highest res CCD is 160 x 256.

Old January 14th 05, 11:27 PM
Michael McCulloch

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 22:10:05 -0000, "Synchrotroll"
wrote:

"RichA" wrote:

Is 32kb as large as they are going to be, even full rez?
That's pretty tiny.

Yup, the DISR's highest res CCD is 160 x 256.

http://www.lpl.arizona.edu/~kholso/

"There a three main components of the imaging system: the high
resolution imager, the medium resolution imager, and the side-looking
imager.

Each of these cameras takes a picture of Titan's surface in a
different direction and at a different resolution to produce a
"triplet" collection of three images which may be combined with other
triplets to create a mosaic of the surface."

Some mosaic test projections are he

http://www.lpl.arizona.edu/~kholso/test_images.htm

Give them time and hopefully we will get an amazing mosaic.

---
Michael McCulloch
Old January 15th 05, 02:34 AM
T.T.

wrote:

"RichA" wrote:

Is 32kb as large as they are going to be, even full rez?
That's pretty tiny.

Yup, the DISR's highest res CCD is 160 x 256.

http://www.lpl.arizona.edu/~kholso/

"There a three main components of the imaging system: the high
resolution imager, the medium resolution imager, and the side-looking
imager.

Each of these cameras takes a picture of Titan's surface in a
different direction and at a different resolution to produce a
"triplet" collection of three images which may be combined with other
triplets to create a mosaic of the surface."

Some mosaic test projections are he

http://www.lpl.arizona.edu/~kholso/test_images.htm

Give them time and hopefully we will get an amazing mosaic.

---
Michael McCulloch

How blase we have become. This thing has spent seven years on its journey,
and now it is on the surface of Titan. Titan! We should be standing
slack-jawed in wonder.

Old January 15th 05, 05:14 AM
Tom McDonald

wrote:

"RichA" wrote:

[...]

Yup. That's me; gobsmacked. It feels just like the first moon
landing, and the first Mars rover, to me. Just gobsmacked!

--
Tom McDonald
http://ahwhatdoiknow.blogspot.com/
Old January 15th 05, 09:00 AM
muldar

some of us are. ABC isnt and wouldnt even put it on the night news!
And now have thousands of emails telling them to 'stuff it'