Sun's Hot Surface: Influence of Jupiter on our Sun~~~

Old February 22nd 06, 10:47 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

Default Sun's Hot Surface: Influence of Jupiter on our Sun~~~

In message , David Knisely
writes
granite stone posted:

Your facts are wrong. You are getting an obit time mixed up with a
rotation time.

No, I'm afraid that your "facts" are what is wrong.

David, before you encourage this offensive little troll any more you
should know that eventually his reply will be "****off go to hell." (do
a search if you want).
Old February 22nd 06, 11:45 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

granite stone wrote:
I have re-written the article. Hope you understand it.

Flush that attempt down the toilet! You would benefit
greatly from studying some first year college physics.

Old February 23rd 06, 12:29 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

Since a star forms before its planets how could it do so without a Jupiter
mass planet present?

Dan

"granite stone" wrote in message
oups.com...
According to my theory, all stars would have a planet like Jupiter
making it a star. How do you know some stars have no planets?

Old February 23rd 06, 12:47 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

"Sam Wormley" wrote in message
granite stone wrote:
I have re-written the article. Hope you understand it.

Flush that attempt down the toilet! You would benefit
greatly from studying some first year college physics.

You mean university physics..UN-I-VERSITY!

Old February 23rd 06, 12:49 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

"granite stone" wrote in news:1140635883.406846.313050
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

I have re-written the article. Hope you understand it.

It's still nonsense.

Klazmon.
Old February 23rd 06, 12:51 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

David Knisely wrote in news:689b8$43fcc727$8b37d1c0
:

granite stone posted:

All planets or moons that have active volcanoes with magma, such
as Earth and Io, rotate at high speeds (Earth 24 hours).

snip...

Table 1: Rotation Speeds of Planets and Moons

planet or moon rotation speed - Earth days

earth 1
earth's moon 0
Venus 20
Mars (no large
Satellites) 1.05
Sun 25
Mercury 58.6462
Io 1.769138
Europa 3.55
Ganymede 7.15
Callisto 16.689

No, I'm afraid not. Venus rotates *very* slowly (243 days, *not* 20).
It had (and probably still has) active volcanoes. The Earth's moon
rotates (with respect to the stars) in a period of 27.322 days. It is
in tidal lock with the Earth (as is Io with Jupiter), so only one face
is observable from Earth, but it *still* rotates. If you lived on
Jupiter, you would also see only one side of Io.

As for the rest of your posting, there is so much wrong with it that I
can only say you need to take some basic science courses and come back
when you understand what their teachers have told you (and stay off of
sci.astro.amateur, as this is rather off-topic for that newsgroup).
Clear skies to you.

He's already been told this the last time he posted this nonsense. I
suspect he's just seeking attention.

Klazmon.
Old February 23rd 06, 01:52 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

Heck, he'd be better with starting with some 6th grade stuff.

Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Sidewalk Astronomy
www.sidewalkastronomy.info
Astronomy Net Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/astronomy_net
In Garden Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/ingarden
Blast Off Online Gift Shop
http://www.cafepress.com/starlords

Old February 23rd 06, 03:10 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

"granite stone" wrote in message
ups.com...

Umm, Mars rotates roughly the same speed as the earth, and as far as I
know, it has no active volcanoes. NEXT!

George

As I said in the article, Mars is the same as Earth with rotation and
size but has no large moons.

You said in your post "All planets or moons that have active volcanoes with
magma, such
as Earth and Io, rotate at high speeds", and that is incorrect, since
Mars rotates just as fast as the earth, yet has no active volcanoes, as
I've pointed out.

George

Old February 23rd 06, 03:13 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur

"David Knisely" wrote in message
granite stone posted:

Your facts are wrong. You are getting an obit time mixed up with a
rotation time.

No, I'm afraid that your "facts" are what is wrong. You don't understand
that rotation is not necessarily relative. The moon does rotate with
respect to an interial frame. It just happens to rotate at about the
same rate as it revolves around the Earth which is why we only see mostly
one side when we stand here and look at it. If we somehow remmoved the
Earth, the moon would continue rotating every 27 days or so. If you were
standing on the sun and looked at the moon with a telescope, you would be
able to see each side as it rotates, just as when we look at Io from
Earth, we can see it rotate as well. With respect to the sun, the
Earth's moon rotates. If you were standing on the moon and looking at
the stars, you would see them rise and set. With respect to the stars,
the moon rotates. The moon's orbit is also not circular, so at times,
its velocity is different than its rotation speed. Thus, we can see the
moon appear to rock back and forth thus demonstrating that it *does*
rotate.

He has been told this by at least a dozen people here.

Venus does rotate, but not in 20 days! This is again an incorrect
statement.

Insults are not needed.

No insults were provided! You don't appear to understand things when
many people here have been patient enough to try to explain things to
you. You can't seem to grasp how rotation works (as well as a bunch of
other things which you made mistakes on). The fact is that you *need* to
take some courses in the sciences so you can understand basic
astronomical concepts. You also haven't read the sci.astro.amateur
charter which states that discussions like this are somewhat off-topic
for that newsgroup (sci.astro.amateur is for the hobby of amateur
astronomy and not speculative scientific discussions). To continue with
your postings here is to invite derision. So be it....
--
David W. Knisely
Prairie Astronomy Club:

* July 23-28, 2006, Merritt Reservoir *