During the last ten days...

Old August 7th 05, 08:23 PM
Sam Wormley

Default During the last ten days...

During the last ten days...
I have spent much time with NASA TV on my computer... from
Discovery's launch and right though reentry (tomorrow). Even
though I post references and criticisms of the space program,
as I think the arguments are sound, these guys and all of
NASA's support teams have my total support.

The whole of the manned space program (per year) costs less than
what humans spend on chewing gum (per year).

-Sam
Old August 7th 05, 08:37 PM
LAH

"Sam Wormley" wrote in message
During the last ten days...
I have spent much time with NASA TV on my computer... from
Discovery's launch and right though reentry (tomorrow). Even
though I post references and criticisms of the space program,
as I think the arguments are sound, these guys and all of
NASA's support teams have my total support.

The whole of the manned space program (per year) costs less than
what humans spend on chewing gum (per year).

-Sam

What a boring 10 days!! In the 10 days you had your nose stuck on your
NASA TV much has gone by right on your own street.

Old August 7th 05, 08:49 PM

Sam Wormley wrote:

The whole of the manned space program (per year) costs less than
what humans spend on chewing gum (per year).

Cool! But tell us: which chewing gum manufacturer(s) is(are) running
around, making threats of jail or, ultimately, death to everyone who
doesn't pay them money?

Old August 7th 05, 10:36 PM
RMOLLISE

Sam Wormley wrote:
During the last ten days...
I have spent much time with NASA TV on my computer... from
Discovery's launch and right though reentry (tomorrow). Even
though I post references and criticisms of the space program,
as I think the arguments are sound, these guys and all of
NASA's support teams have my total support.

The whole of the manned space program (per year) costs less than
what humans spend on chewing gum (per year).

-Sam

HI Sam:

I support the astronauts. And I support the idea of a manned space
program. But NASA simply must find a way out of the useless Shuttle/ISS
hole they've dug for themselves or there will very likely not _be_ a
manned program before long. ;-(

Peace,
Rod Mollise

Like SCTs and MCTs?
Join the SCT User Mailing List.

See my home page at
http://skywatch.brainiac.com/astroland/index.htm
for further info

For Uncle Rod's Astro Blog See:
http://journals.aol.com/rmollise/UncleRodsAstroBlog/

Old August 7th 05, 10:43 PM
RMOLLISE

What a boring 10 days!! In the 10 days you had your nose stuck on your
NASA TV much has gone by right on your own street.

Huh! You live on the same street as Sam, huh? Small world. Must be an
exciting street. ;-)

Old August 7th 05, 10:46 PM
matt

RMOLLISE wrote in message
.com...

Sam Wormley wrote:
During the last ten days...
I have spent much time with NASA TV on my computer... from
Discovery's launch and right though reentry (tomorrow). Even
though I post references and criticisms of the space program,
as I think the arguments are sound, these guys and all of
NASA's support teams have my total support.

The whole of the manned space program (per year) costs less than
what humans spend on chewing gum (per year).

-Sam

HI Sam:

I support the astronauts. And I support the idea of a manned space
program. But NASA simply must find a way out of the useless Shuttle/ISS
hole they've dug for themselves or there will very likely not _be_ a
manned program before long. ;-(

Peace,
Rod Mollise

no Rod, there WILL be a manned space program, just not an American one. Old
fat cats can't get young and slim again.
NASA is history . NASA's risk taking is idiotic nowadays and doesn't serve
the purpose of getting there first anymore, also failure is not an option is
long forgotten , Von Braun is dead and gone , and there are _accountants_
running it , not visioneers who dedicated their whole lives to development
of space exploration.
You forgot the Chinese and their dictatorship regime . _They_ have something
to prove now, and _they_'re the world's emerging superpower . I bet the
first permanent Moon and Mars base will be Chinese .

best regards,
matt tudor

Old August 7th 05, 11:13 PM
Tim Auton

CeeBee wrote:
Sam Wormley wrote in sci.astro.amateur:

The whole of the manned space program (per year) costs less than
what humans spend on chewing gum (per year).

Even if it costed ten times that amount, I couldn't care less. It's more
about quality being more important than quantity.

I guess you really like you chewing gum.

Tim
--
Today's message was brought to you by Mary, Jane and a big number two.
Old August 8th 05, 01:11 AM
LAH

"John Steinberg" wrote in message
Sam Wormley wrote:

The whole of the manned space program (per year) costs less than
what humans spend on chewing gum (per year).

I'll be waking early to watch Discovery's homecoming, but if you're
even remotely suggesting I give up my three-pack-a-day Big Red habit,
fuhgetaboutit.

Polling suggest the US public's interest in the shuttle program has
waned to perhaps unprecedented levels.

I'm sorry to say that, for the most part, at least for me, virtually
everything post Apollo XI has been anticlimactic.

This coming from someone who barely missed a moment of F. Story
Musgrave's 1993 Hubble servicing mission.

What we need is a good 'ol alien invasion to wake up to the space race

Old August 8th 05, 01:20 AM
RMOLLISE

matt wrote:

no Rod, there WILL be a manned space program, just not an American one. Old
fat cats can't get young and slim again.
NASA is history . NASA's risk taking is idiotic nowadays and doesn't serve
the purpose of getting there first anymore, also failure is not an option is
long forgotten , Von Braun is dead and gone , and there are _accountants_
running it , not visioneers who dedicated their whole lives to development
of space exploration.

Hi Matt:

I HOPE you're not correct. I FEAR you are. :-(