!?Home @ Alone?!

Old February 14th 05, 10:38 PM

[Mum?
Are all sperms male?

O, what's in this
Email?]
_______________________________________
~ * ~ Or see ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Alice,
Only 24
Hours more! Or, all ours, The Shimmering,
See?"
_______________________________________
Yes ~
Nouveau Pharmacopia, Our Utopia,
A Fourth Ship Just Came
In, Our Estate!
* Dogging Arts * Fogging Minds * It's a Star *

*
~ * ~

Old February 15th 05, 01:28 AM
Double-A

Twittering One wrote:
[snip]

[Mum?
Are all sperms male?

In fact, I was just hearing on the news this afternoon how they can
separate the x and y sperms so as to control the sex the offspring in
animal breeding.

When this comes into common use for humans, it's sure to cause lots of
social angst!

The problem will be if too many people want boys, for instance.

This problem already exists in China, where couples are limited to 2
children. Since boys are more economically important to the families,
girls are eliminated through abortions and infanticides. The excess
male population looking for wives has led to the people in hard pressed
North Korea to selling their daughters across the border for money.

Double-A

Old February 15th 05, 01:46 AM
Twittering One

"Mum?
Are all sperms male?"
~ Twittering

"In fact, I was just hearing
On the news this afternoon how t
They can
Separate the x and y sperms so as to control
The sex [insert comma] the offspring
In
Animal breeding.

When this comes into common use for humans,
It's sure to cause lots of
Social angst!

The problem will be
If too many people want boys, for instance.
This problem already exists
[ ...]
The excess male population
Looking for wives has led to the people
In hard pressed
North Korea to selling their daughters
Across the border
For money."
~ Double-A

"O, alas,
An old tradition, or since Mao.
An awful one, too. But I forgot, don't Y's, too,
Have X's?"
~ Twitterin

Old February 15th 05, 02:12 AM
Double-A

Twittering One wrote:
[...]

A male has an X and a Y, but each sperm is halpoid (trying to remember
my college biology) so it has only half of the male's chromosomes and
has either an X or a Y. The female has two X's and so her halpoid egg
cells all have an X.

Double-A

Old February 15th 05, 04:11 AM
Twittering One

"A male has an X and a Y,
But each sperm is halpoid (trying to remember
By college biology) so it has only half
Of the male's chromosomes and
Has either an X or a Y.
The female has two X's and so her halpoid egg
Cells all have an X."
~ Double-A

"O,
Thanks. I forgot my embryology.
Although my Bruce Carlson text, as well my Ernst
Mayr, all right here
Behind me ~

'By the mid-1950s,
A peculiar myth had developed
In biology, which ~ with some exaggeration ~ can
Be stated as follows:
Evolution is a purely genic phenomena; it is a change,
From generation to generation, of gene

Frequencies in populations. This being so,
It was impossible to gain any understanding of evolution
Until mathematical poluation genetics
Was developed. Furthermore,
Mathematical population genetics
Is the source of population thinking.'