!!!Hubble Trouble Bush Shuttle Bubble.

Old June 4th 04, 05:24 PM
Aunt Buffy

Default !!!Hubble Trouble Bush Shuttle Bubble.

Seeing as its an election year for the USA. I can not see BUSH allowing the
SHUTTLE to go up and rescue Hubble - since the possibility of failure (on
many fronts) would hurt his quest for extended presidency!

This despite the majority of astronauts wanting to go up.

There are times (100%) when I truly hate the politicians

Old June 4th 04, 08:21 PM
Starlord

He's already blew it with the war.

--
Dragons Must Fly when Thread's in the Sky

www.starlords.org

"Aunt Buffy" wrote in message
Seeing as its an election year for the USA. I can not see BUSH

allowing the
SHUTTLE to go up and rescue Hubble - since the possibility of

failure (on
many fronts) would hurt his quest for extended presidency!

This despite the majority of astronauts wanting to go up.

There are times (100%) when I truly hate the politicians

---

Old June 5th 04, 02:58 PM
Russ Evenhouse

"Aunt Buffy" wrote in message
Seeing as its an election year for the USA. I can not see BUSH allowing

the
SHUTTLE to go up and rescue Hubble - since the possibility of failure (on
many fronts) would hurt his quest for extended presidency!

This despite the majority of astronauts wanting to go up.

There are times (100%) when I truly hate the politicians

Dear Aunt Buffy,
I can't believe the Hubble will be abandoned totally. I imagine that if the
Feds cut off funding for it completely, that there will be some sort of
philanthropic volunteer measure to rescue it and make it a private venture,
or possible funded jointly between various groups and governments. I don't
know it's fully expected lifetime from right now, but I think it's still
fully functional without physical tending for some period of a year yet. I'd
send a hundred bucks to some volunteer effort to rescue it. The US is not
the only country that could send up a repair crew.
Russ Evenhouse

Old June 5th 04, 05:03 PM
Aunt Buffy

Currently a shuttle trip has been ruled out. NASA is seeking tenders for a
robotic rescue (deadline July 2004! - and they claimed beagle had tight
deadlines).
Here is the news story:

Old June 5th 04, 05:10 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message , Russ Evenhouse
writes

"Aunt Buffy" wrote in message
[...]

Actually the US _is_ the only country that can send the equipment to do
any good. They aren't going to cut off funding before it fails, but the
planned repair/replacement mission won't happen, and the equipment
already paid for by the US taxpayer will not be used (like Triana, for
instance). It will be stored at a cost which will come out of other
missions.
--
What have they got to hide? Release the full Beagle 2 report.
Old June 6th 04, 03:53 AM
Paul Lawler

"Aunt Buffy" wrote in message
Seeing as its an election year for the USA. I can not see BUSH allowing

the
SHUTTLE to go up and rescue Hubble - since the possibility of failure (on
many fronts) would hurt his quest for extended presidency!

Highly unlikely... the economy and the war will be much more decisive
issues.

This despite the majority of astronauts wanting to go up

Have you polled them all?

There are times (100%) when I truly hate the politicians

Since you hate them 100% of the time, you must have more than the Hubble as
an issue... or have you only started hating them since last March?

Old June 6th 04, 11:51 PM
Aunt Buffy

Astronauts - I didn't need to poll them - they have sent in their own
petition to the president.

Politicians - People who seek power are not necessarily those that deserve
power. However it does beat anarchy : ) .

"Paul Lawler" wrote in message
link.net...