Did The Chinese Invent the Telescope ???

Old September 8th 03, 03:30 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Default Did The Chinese Invent the Telescope ???

Well I read that eye glasses were invented in China. We are told that a
Dutch lens-grinder (Hans ????) can't think of his last name invented the
telescope in 1608,and the next year Galileo comes up with his. Not sure
but I think Galileo's scope had a magnification of about 30. Who
invented the reflecter telescope? Was it Newton? It must have been the
rage to own one. Still is. Bert

Old September 8th 03, 11:37 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Thanks CeeBee Even if I thought of it I would never be able to spell his
last name. One thing is for sure CeeBee nothing has changed the first
person with a telescope turns to see the mountains on the moon. However
Saturn with its rings is breath taking. Someday soon magnifying light
with a lens will have had its 400 years. Someday a single photon from a
15 billion LY away quasar will be bounced around say in a laser,and come
out the laser hole with the intensity that will equal photons from the
sun.(why not?) Bert

Old September 9th 03, 03:31 PM
G=EMC^2 Glazier

Thanks Llanzian That was a very informative site. Bert