I Feel Like Ranting !

Old September 8th 03, 10:39 PM
Painius

"Sally" wrote in message...

"Painius" wrote in message

I guess the inability to conquer death *does* set science
apart from the religions, doesn't it...

http://www.frozendeadguy.com/fdg/cp.htm

Sally

'Lo Sally --

Thanks for this! Jonathan helped me quell my need to rant
with his reminder of the Epic of G...

I understand that there are still a lot of major hurdles in the
study of cryogenics. Two that come to mind--and one of
these even brings us back on topic for astronomy--are...

Different parts of the body must be frozen in different ways
(whatever *that* means) in order to be preserved and to
not be destroyed. So if your entire body is frozen in just one
way, many parts of it will not be useable when the body is
finally melted.

Then there are the somewhat moral questions of keeping
people alive indefinitely. Population control is going to
become more and more crucial as we go deeper into our
new millennium, and if we are going to conquer death, we
must also conquer birth--a subject pretty much shunned by
most people today. Someday we all will have to face it.

And astronomy--including the theoretical "what are the
possibilities" side, and also the practical side now being
guided by spaceflight technologies--will be crucial to the
future of human population dynamics!

When Earth fills with people, our posterity will have only
one direction to go...

....up!

happy days and...
starry starry nights!

--
a Secret of the Universe...
so please don't breathe a word of this--

Paine Ellsworth