Gus Grissom: Study in Contrasts

Old January 16th 05, 07:14 PM

Default Gus Grissom: Study in Contrasts

In recent weeks, I've been confronted several times with a quote from
Gus that I believe bears addressing. People have asked me if Gus would
have wanted all of this attention on Apollo One, given his statement
that if he died, he wanted people to accept it. While well-intended,
the question is misplaced. Gus was two distinct individuals. The
first was a down-home Indiana boy, who would certainly be laughing
himself silly at all this attention. He would not understand why
anyone was worrying about how he died four decades ago--that's because
he was a very unassuming man. But, let's look at the OTHER Gus...Air
Force Lt. Colonel, fighter pilot, test pilot, engineer, and astronaut.
He would DEMAND NASA be held accountable for the SLOP that led to his
and his crews' deaths. Gus Grissom was NOTHING if not a perfectionist.
He would want that fire gone over with a fine-toothed comb, and
everyone responsible held ACCOUNTABLE. He would have demanded NOTHING
LESS...in fact, if he were here, he would be leading the charge.
If you don't know THAT about Gus, you don't know him at all.

Old January 19th 05, 12:02 AM
Brad Guth

"The first was a down-home Indiana boy, who would
certainly be laughing himself silly at all this attention. He would not
understand why anyone was worrying about how he died four decades ago."

It seems as though time should heal all wounds. Too bad certain Muslims
simply can't let go of a little excessive exterminations of thousands
of prisoners taken by Israeli in the USS LIBERTY assisted 6-Day war.
Too bad our intentions of destroying whatever was left of the USSR by
way of outfitting those nice Taliban and Osama bin Laden with our
latest SMART STINGERS capable of easily taking out a fully loaded 747
at 13,000' which obviously didn't turn out as planned. Fortunately,
Cathars have allowed their rather unfortunate past of being
exterminated by the Pope of the day as to remain something that need
not be involved in their having to returning the favor.

I'm not going to get myself into another perfectly valid cold-war set
of reasons, having the motives, means and opportunity as for certain
folks being exterminated, supposedly by accident and/or the likes of
how JFK was eliminated even though our FBI/CIA/NSA and especially the
Secret Services supposedly encharge of protecting JFK already suspected
the likely outcome if things were allowed to progress on their own.
This is much like what brought us into 9/11, and perhaps a fair number
of other unfortunate situations throughout history.

I have several external pages on what's wrong about the surface
environment of our moon as related to the NASA/Apollo cold-war fiasco
that's been suggesting upon all sorts of save-thy-butt notions, of
which others haven't been sufficiently capable of entirely disproving.
However, there's certainly become loads more to understanding about the
actual surface environment of our moon than obtained from what has been
offered by the mainstream status quo for all of these decades.

The following topics are certainly not the only such arguments linked
to the phony baloney NASA/Apollo ruse of the century, as there has been
other life on Venus, and there's even a little something to being said
about ice-ages and that of Sirius.

"The Moon, LSE-CM/ISS, Venus and beyond, with He3 to burn"
"Lunar/Moon Space Elevator, plus another ISS within the CM"
"Space Policy Sucks, while there's Life on Venus"
"Terraforming the moon"
"Relocate ISS to ME-L1"

Regards, Brad Guth / GASA-IEIS
http://guthvenus.tripod.com/gv-topics.htm