Plotting

Old July 25th 05, 08:06 PM
Nog

Default Plotting

The christian plot to destroy public tv science programming and kill
interest in science moving along well. They are using something called EAS
(emergency alert system) to do it. This is how it works.
You are totally engrossed in a show like Nova, Nature or other interesting
program. A claxon horn starts sounding and a blue screen appears with a
banner. Then the claxon horn blasts a few more times. A distorted sick voice
comes on warning of a thunder shower 1000 miles away. The irritating message
repeats. Then the picture returns with no sound and the banner still
running. The claxon horn begins another series of blasts while the banner
finishes. A long delay and then the show's sound is returned. The program
has been running all the while so you have been cut out of five minutes of
the essay and video.I have seen 2 such episodes of this in one show. It
really makes you lose interest in the program. There is no need of this
except to destroy PBS interest.
You can't tell me they can't designate an entire channel for emergency
broadcasts and just direct you to it with a short banner message. This could
easily be done with our techonology. Instead they demand to destroy
programming. It can only be a christian plot to kill science.
I now just hit mute or change the channel at the first sign of this
stupidity usually never returning that evening.

Old July 25th 05, 08:28 PM
Pat Flannery

Nog wrote:

I now just hit mute or change the channel at the first sign of this
stupidity usually never returning that evening.

Oddly enough, they just did the EAS test (which is supposed to be
weekly, but I've seen it at least three times in the past week) on The
Science Channel, interrupting the program on Leonardo Da Vinci's
inventions...and I think the test was done right over the part of the
program where they were going to talk about his membership in The Priory
Of Sion, as THEY don't want us to know that Leonardo was the
great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great
grandson of Mary Magdalene and you-know-who.
At least that's what I read into it. ;-)

Pat
Old July 28th 05, 05:22 AM
oldman_on_the_back_porch

Nog, I agree.

I have seen this as well.

There are other things going on in plain sight.

They temperatures reported by NOAA are tuned down to reduce the obvious
evidence of global warming. Go to one of you sites where they take
seample temperatures from with your own lab quality thermometer. You
will see a big difference.

Crazy times are coming. Crazy days are ahead. I am preparing. I
welcome coherent discourse on how best to prepare.