Long Shot - Villa in Tenerfe with Dome on Roof

Old July 4th 03, 08:55 AM
Will Trash-Spam

Default Long Shot - Villa in Tenerfe with Dome on Roof

Whilst hopelessy trying to find a place to turn around in Playa Paraiso (a
residential area on the Costa Adeje in Tenerife) I noted a villa on the edge
of this town, that had a dome on the roof (or as part of the roof
structure). Does anyone know here who it belongs to and if you can hire the
villa for holidays? It would be rather a nice combination of nice villa,
nice weather and good observing.

I know its a long shot, but Playa Paraiso is a holiday villa hiring type
place.

Thanks

Old July 4th 03, 11:51 PM
Martin Anderson

"Will Trash-Spam" wrote in message
Whilst hopelessy trying to find a place to turn around in Playa Paraiso (a
residential area on the Costa Adeje in Tenerife) I noted a villa on the

edge
of this town, that had a dome on the roof (or as part of the roof
structure). Does anyone know here who it belongs to and if you can hire

the
villa for holidays? It would be rather a nice combination of nice villa,
nice weather and good observing.

I know its a long shot, but Playa Paraiso is a holiday villa hiring type
place.

Thanks

Could i suggest the following http://www.coaa.co.uk as a possible

solution? Their Observatory is in the Algarve, Portugal.

Highly reccommended by many.

HTH

Martin A

Old July 5th 03, 12:40 AM
Lilian

The problem with going to COAA is if like me you want to take CCD images,
its useless because you can only observe for 2 hrs!!!

I have contacted them and explained that I am a serious imager and 2hrs is
not long enough, but they refuse to change their policy.

Therefore, I am off to a US site to do my imaging.

Lilian

Old July 5th 03, 12:47 AM
A. Edwards

Err - Lilian mumbled something like:
The problem with going to COAA is if like me you want to take CCD
images, its useless because you can only observe for 2 hrs!!!

I have contacted them and explained that I am a serious imager and
2hrs is not long enough, but they refuse to change their policy.

Therefore, I am off to a US site to do my imaging.

Lilian

funny bit

buy AstroVideo?

/funny bit

I can't believe Bev is *that* intransigent...

Arthur

52:30:25N, 1:17:51E
http://www.ambermile.co.uk

---

Old July 5th 03, 05:59 AM
Stephen Tonkin

A. Edwards wrote:

I can't believe Bev is *that* intransigent...

He isn't. For example, there have been several Messier Marathons there.
However, Bev does (justifiably, IMNSVHO) limit his commitment to a
couple of hours a night.

Best,
Stephen

--
+ Stephen Tonkin | ATM Resources; Astro-Tutorials; Astro Books +

Old July 5th 03, 06:24 AM
Kev

"Lilian" wrote in message
The problem with going to COAA is if like me you want to take CCD images,
its useless because you can only observe for 2 hrs!!!

Then how about Clive and Gloria's at CDEPA, also in Portugal ?

Kev