Russia returns Soyuz rocket to flight

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 25th 18, 12:08 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default Russia returns Soyuz rocket to flight

As expected, Russia returned the Soyuz launch vehicle to flight in a
startlingly short amount of time.

Russia returns Soyuz rocket to flight with Lotos-S1 mission
written by William Graham October 24, 2018
https://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2018...ight-lotos-s1-
mission/

From above:

Thursday's launch had originally been scheduled to take place
last week but slipped a few days in the immediate aftermath
of the MS-10 launch.

Naturally, this schedule slip of just a few days indicates how
thoroughly Russia investigated the failed crewed launch of Soyuz and how
diligently they inspected this Soyuz launch vehicle for any other
quality control problems. /s

Of course, NASA Spaceflight rarely paints less than a perfectly rosy
picture of anything that NASA does, so I didn't expect them to be openly
critical of Russia's launch operations. After all, NASA keeps telling
us that everything is fine and that we'll continue to fly NASA
astronauts on Soyuz. Nothing to see here, just move along.

Jeff