Bill Vorce:

Old July 19th 05, 03:50 AM
phil

OK, that didnt hurt so much did it ?? (to tell why you were upset).
While this differs from my experience with him, I see why you would be
mad. I was reacting to seemingly baseless accusations against someone
that I have not had a problem with.

You obviously had a bad experience.

Phil

In article , jerry warner
wrote:

We ordered a number of 1.25 and 2" filter cells over several months
and always specified exactly what we needed and why. Sometimes Bill
had them, sometimes not and that was no problem - we went elsewhere.
But every order he sent had something wrong with it. (wrong colors, wrong
sizes, chipped filters, non screw type cells we told him we could not use -
we told him all cells had to be screw-type retainer ring....) We kept
everything
not wishing the expense of reshipping for refunds or a quarrel with Bill. We
bent over backlwards always hoping the next order would be correct, and it
was Bill himself continually saying "yes I have what you want".

This was very simple. 1.25 and 2 inch filters/cells. Clear or ND glass IF
POSSIBLE. Bill would always reply and tell us he either had what we
wanted or did not and we ordered every time on that basis. The price
fluctuated
from Bills end from time to time, but that was no probvlem. We paid him
what he wanted plus shipping.

One order arrived after Bill said he had clear glass filters and all were
orange
or yellow. I wrote Bill simply asking what had happened and he told me
"I have sent you the closest thing I have to clear". The tone of his email
was
as if he really didnt care. Well close and clear are the same and we had to
have clear. (Again, we did not return this order for a refund simply to get
on with our work and to avoid provoking Bill. We ordered clear 27mm glass
from Edmund instead to use with the cells Bill had sent).

I waited a week and wrote Bill a friendly email and explained _one more time_

why we had to have clear glass if he could provide it, what we were doing
with these cells, and Bill replied: "Oh! I didnt understand what you were
doing.". I had already explained all of this over and over again. It was as
if Bill was not reading my emails and simply sending us what he wanted or
what he had on hand irregardless of our needs or our actual orders, or what
Bill hismelf had told us
he had and could deliver! We had a meeting here and decided to bypass Bill
Vorce and use the filter cells he had sent, and buy clear glass blanks from
Edmund ..... which we did for a number of weeks.

Finally not wishing to be on bad terms with Bill I wrote him one more time
and
asked again if he now had clear glass filters. He said he did so I placed an
order. All arrived and were yellow (again!). People here came unglued.
We ordered more glass from another source.

A week later we opened a box Bill had previously sent with 2" filter cells
and all but one were modern spring retainer type cells, we could not use. We
had been specific from the outset - WE MUST HAVE SCREW TYPE CELLS!
(because screw type cells will take several layers of glass while modern
spring type cells will only take one layer of glass).

This is when things finally blew. I wrote Bill and he said to return the 2"
cells
for a refund and he indicated he was unhappy with me .... I replied and told
Bill I could no longer do this anymore. That I now had people angry at me
for ever having gone to Bill in the first place ........ and Bill of course
replied
curtly 'he was through with me".

It's been the same thing with Bill Vorce over and over in just about every
transaction I have tried to do with Bill since about 1992?

I am always the one getting blamed and Im sick of it!

I'm still waiting to see this Bill Vorce everyone keeps recommending,
endlessly.

I hope this explains the specifics of this last series of transactions we are

so disappointed about.
Jerry

Tim Auton wrote:

jerry warner wrote:

Is an idiot. Time has proven that only about one out of every ten
transactions one does with this guy turn out to be successful - the rest

always require shipping back for wrong parts, refunds, and constant
hassles.

Would you care to document exactly what went on, or are you just going
to make vague accusations?

Tim
--
Today's message was brought to you by Mary, Jane and a big number two.

Old July 22nd 05, 01:29 AM
Bill Meyers

Howard Lester has posted here for many years, always sensible comments,
and we have had email correspondence as well. A very good guy, sound,
reasonable, helpful, decent.
Bill Meyers

jerry warner wrote:
Howard Lester is a very reliable decent honest individual .... with a
ton of common sense.
Jerry Warner

John Steinberg wrote:

[Gak! I slipped and prematurely posted. Sorry about that mess.]

I wrote:

a sock puppet who writes in a remarkably similar
style as the OP...

... even down to the problematic line wrapping and failure to use
punctuation on contractions, etc., the question of the identity of this
puppet is highly suspect, and serves as another data point that
directly contradicts your own assertion. Which by your own testimony,
is not of recent vintage.

What say you now, Dr. Lester?

--
-John Steinberg