Planning only one step ahead (movie editing software)

Old June 8th 04, 06:58 PM
Ian Parkinson

Default Planning only one step ahead (movie editing software)

All,

So now I've got all these lovely big .avi files, anyone care to
recommend some (cheap or free) software to turn them into lovely small
..mpgs for distribution? And to chop them up, increase the playback rate,
align individual frames etc.

Thanks,

Ian

--
(replace spamtrap with ian to reply)
Old June 8th 04, 08:33 PM
Brian Howie

In message , Ian Parkinson
writes
All,

So now I've got all these lovely big .avi files, anyone care to
recommend some (cheap or free) software to turn them into lovely small
.mpgs for distribution? And to chop them up, increase the playback
rate, align individual frames etc.

Try http://www.divx-digest.com/software/avi2mpg.html

Might work. I've used it. It's free.

Brian
--
Brian Howie
Old June 9th 04, 09:02 AM
Mike Williams

Wasn't it Ian Parkinson who wrote:
All,

So now I've got all these lovely big .avi files, anyone care to
recommend some (cheap or free) software to turn them into lovely small
.mpgs for distribution? And to chop them up, increase the playback rate,
align individual frames etc.

It's worth looking at Tmpgenc:

Cheap or free: Free
Turn them into small mpgs: Yes
Chop them up: Yes
Increase the playback rate: Yes
Align individual frames: No

http://www.tmpgenc.net/

--
Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure
Old June 13th 04, 04:35 PM
Ian Parkinson

Mike, Brian,

Thanks both for the recommendations.

Ian

--
(replace spamtrap with ian to reply)

Warning... Marty Amateur Astronomy 43 May 7th 04 01:19 PM
Details of the Spirit Software environment Terry King Amateur Astronomy 9 January 26th 04 07:56 PM
[OT] Ever Wonder What Tim Berners-Lee Uses? Gareth Slee Amateur Astronomy 20 October 1st 03 10:18 PM
U. at Buffalo Engineer Creates Software to Detect and Find Leaksin ISS (Forwarded) Andrew Yee Space Station 3 September 8th 03 10:28 PM
Green Hills Helps JPL go to Mars Ron Baalke Astronomy Misc 0 August 11th 03 05:05 PM