What is the current and future state of Canada's space effort?

Old January 19th 09, 10:24 PM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

Default What is the current and future state of Canada's space effort?

Hi;

I am wondering where on the Interweb I could find out more about the
likely near-term prospects for the Canadian space effort. Looking at
CSA's web site, and MDA's, doesn't really reveal a whole lot. Is there
anyone who does analysis on where Canada is going?

(Googling "Henry Spencer Canadian Space Agency" didn't give me
anything much useful, alas.)

Thanks
Ed
Old January 20th 09, 09:27 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Pat Flannery

Derek Lyons wrote:
Canada has a space effort?

Damn right! And Robert A. Heinlein would approve:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Arrow
Now that, by God, I'd be willing to take my life into my hands and climb
aboard.
Because _that_ isn't some sort of pansy-ass "space tourism vehicle"...
that, by God.... is a _ROCKET SHIP_ .
If I'm going into space, I'm going into space on a souped-up V-2:
http://www.aerospaceguide.net/launch...ian_arrow.html
The way that God and Wernher von Braun intended it!
Imagine the bragging rights at a party:
"I just got back from from a flight in one of Virgin Galactic's
exoatmospheric tourism vehicles!"
"I just survived a flight into space on a _ROCKET SHIP_."
God, those babe's panties will slide down their legs like you had
covered their inner thighs with powdered graphite. ;-)

Pat
Old January 20th 09, 09:15 PM posted to sci.space.policy
[email protected]

On Jan 20, 4:27*am, Pat Flannery wrote:
Derek Lyons wrote:
Canada has a space effort?

Damn right! And Robert A. Heinlein would approve:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Arrow
Now that, by God, I'd be willing to take my life into my hands and climb
aboard.
Because _that_ isn't some sort of pansy-ass "space tourism vehicle"...
that, by God.... is a _ROCKET SHIP_ .

Yeh, well, my employment prospects with a company that proposes to
launch spam in a V-2 can are pretty marginal, and I'd want to make
sure my liablity insurance is fully paid up.

Looks like there's not much analysis of the solid kind out there, eh.

.....Ed