12" f5.3 Revelation Dob OTA on an EQ6?

Old June 21st 06, 03:06 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

Default 12" f5.3 Revelation Dob OTA on an EQ6?

Hi guys,

I just wondered wether anyone had this kind of setup on a EQ6? I've got
the mount and I'm tempted...;O)

Gaz

Old June 22nd 06, 12:54 AM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

On 20 Jun 2006 19:06:46 -0700, "Gaz" wrote:
Hi guys,

I just wondered wether anyone had this kind of setup on a EQ6? I've got
the mount and I'm tempted...;O)

Yes, I have. You will need a lot of counterweights (I'm using 6) but
it does work and will balance. Scope rings, base and dovetail can be
obtained from Beacon Hill Telescopes.

Moment of inertia is quite high so get a good battery to run the
motors (I use a 12v 7AH sealed lead acid).

It's a big tube with large surface area and relatively long (not as
long as the Orion Optics ones though) so windy conditions tend to make
things dance a bit (not a criticism of the Revelation but a feature of
large OTA's) but still eminently useable.

Jim
Old June 22nd 06, 04:28 PM posted to uk.sci.astronomy

Gaz,

I'd like to know what you think of Revelation 12" Dob, as I've been
considering a purchase?
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Andy.

Rose of Seven Seals Warhol Misc 55 April 28th 06 05:31 AM
Revelation 12" Dobsonian Telescope Roger Hembury UK Astronomy 5 October 26th 05 05:19 PM
8" dob - Revelation, Skyliner or other? Mark UK Astronomy 11 October 24th 05 08:27 AM
DR. TOM VAN FLANDERN & RICHARD HOAGLAND ON MARTIAN REVELATION MARS REVEALER Solar 0 February 11th 04 02:32 PM
RICHARD HOAGLAND & JOHN BRANDENBURG ON MARTIAN REVELATION MARS REVEALER Solar 0 August 5th 03 09:22 AM