Astro: Ngc 2175/2174

Old February 14th 17, 10:31 PM
slilge slilge is offline
Senior Member

Default Astro: Ngc 2175/2174

At the end of January we had three cloudless but a bit hazy nights, so I decided to get out my Skywatcher Esprit 150 APO and test a new 0.79 reducer. Using just 840mm focal length was a good thing as seeing was bad. And it still gave me 0.92 arcseconds/pixel with the small pixels of the ASI 1600mm camera. I had to resize this image to 50% to get sharp stars.

Taken from Berlin with a 6" APO at f/5.6 on an AZ-EQ6 mount, ASI1600mm camera, 65x2 minutes Astronomik CLS, 29x2 min RGB each.

Stefan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2175colourgut.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	6520
Old February 16th 17, 06:37 PM
WA0CKY WA0CKY is offline
Senior Member

That's a difficult one for your location. While I normally like north up this one seems better suited for south up to see the ape face.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by slilge View Post

Old February 18th 17, 01:38 PM
slilge slilge is offline
Senior Member

Rick,

actually this nebula is comparatively easy, I like to take it for test shots with new equipment because it is nice bright (good alternative to M42 ;-)
That's why I dared to image it in broadband...

Stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WA0CKY View Post

Old February 19th 17, 08:00 PM
WA0CKY WA0CKY is offline
Senior Member

For me it would be difficult. I'm used to a half moon being way more LP than I can deal with. My skies spoil me (when clear which isn't happening of late).