center of the universe.

Old November 29th 10, 06:49 AM posted to alt.astronomy
paxwax

Default center of the universe.

Hello.
I'm in a spot and need some help.
Google says every point in the universe is in turn at the centre of the
universe. If I've read it right.
That sounds wrong.

Can anyone explain it to me in layman terms?
Help would be appreciated.
cheers Peter.

Old November 29th 10, 07:23 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest

On Nov 28, 11:49*pm, "paxwax" wrote:
Hello.
I'm in a spot and need some help.
Google says every point in the universe is in turn at the centre of the
universe. *If I've read it right.
That sounds wrong.

Can anyone explain it to me in layman terms?
Help would be appreciated.
cheers Peter.

Scientists are wrong.
There is a center of the universe just as there is a center to
everything else.
Scientists are not the center of the universe.
Old November 29th 10, 07:30 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Androcles[_36_]

"paxwax" wrote in message
| Hello.
| I'm in a spot and need some help.
| Google says every point in the universe is in turn at the centre of the
| universe. If I've read it right.
| That sounds wrong.
|
| Can anyone explain it to me in layman terms?
| Help would be appreciated.
| cheers Peter.

You are holding one end of a piece of string, the other end goes on forever.
Where is the middle?

Old November 29th 10, 07:58 AM posted to alt.astronomy
paxwax

"Mark Earnest" wrote in message
On Nov 28, 11:49 pm, "paxwax" wrote:
Hello.
I'm in a spot and need some help.
Google says every point in the universe is in turn at the centre of the
universe. If I've read it right.
That sounds wrong.

Can anyone explain it to me in layman terms?
Help would be appreciated.
cheers Peter.

Scientists are wrong.
There is a center of the universe just as there is a center to
everything else.
Scientists are not the center of the universe.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Well that makes sense.
But Google is very sure of itself.
Thanks
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Old November 29th 10, 08:02 AM posted to alt.astronomy
paxwax

"Androcles" wrote in message

"paxwax" wrote in message
| Hello.
| I'm in a spot and need some help.
| Google says every point in the universe is in turn at the centre of the
| universe. If I've read it right.
| That sounds wrong.
|
| Can anyone explain it to me in layman terms?
| Help would be appreciated.
| cheers Peter.

You are holding one end of a piece of string, the other end goes on
forever.
Where is the middle?

It's that sort of logic that's got me asking.
I'm sure your response is as simple as you can make it.
It's still hard for me to imagine that we can say any and every point on
that string is the middle / centre.
I'll keep wondering...
Thanks for your answer.

Old November 29th 10, 09:26 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Androcles[_36_]

"paxwax" wrote in message
u...

| "Androcles" wrote in message
|
| "paxwax" wrote in message
| | Hello.
| | I'm in a spot and need some help.
| | Google says every point in the universe is in turn at the centre of
the
| | universe. If I've read it right.
| | That sounds wrong.
| |
| | Can anyone explain it to me in layman terms?
| | Help would be appreciated.
| | cheers Peter.
| |

| You are holding one end of a piece of string, the other end goes on
| forever.
| Where is the middle?
|

| It's that sort of logic that's got me asking.
| I'm sure your response is as simple as you can make it.
| It's still hard for me to imagine that we can say any and every point on
| that string is the middle / centre.
| I'll keep wondering...
| Thanks for your answer.

You are in even deeper trouble if the other end stops somewhere, because
then there is nothing, not even the string, and that definitely does go on
forever. You may even find another piece of string. To remain sane one
should accept that some things can never be known.

Old November 29th 10, 10:52 AM posted to alt.astronomy
Bast[_2_]

Androcles wrote:
"paxwax" wrote in message
Hello.
I'm in a spot and need some help.
Google says every point in the universe is in turn at the centre of the
universe. If I've read it right.
That sounds wrong.

Can anyone explain it to me in layman terms?
Help would be appreciated.
cheers Peter.

You are holding one end of a piece of string, the other end goes on
forever. Where is the middle?

Not a problem.
Since you have the end just divide the diameter in half, and you have the
middle

Old November 29th 10, 02:03 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Greg Neill[_6_]

paxwax wrote:
Hello.
I'm in a spot and need some help.
Google says every point in the universe is in turn at the centre of the
universe. If I've read it right.
That sounds wrong.

Can anyone explain it to me in layman terms?
Help would be appreciated.
cheers Peter.

Have a go at Ned Wright's Cosmology FAQ:

http://www.astro.ucla.edu/~wright/cosmology_faq.html

Old November 29th 10, 03:05 PM posted to alt.astronomy
bert

On Nov 29, 12:49*am, "paxwax" wrote:
Hello.
I'm in a spot and need some help.
Google says every point in the universe is in turn at the centre of the
universe. *If I've read it right.
That sounds wrong.

Can anyone explain it to me in layman terms?
Help would be appreciated.
cheers Peter.

Think about being in a blinding snow storm,and try to get to its
center or think where its center area is. TreBert