Solar System Exploration News for Monday 13 October 2014

Old October 13th 14, 01:21 PM posted to sci.space.science
NASA via sci.space.science Admin

Default Solar System Exploration News for Monday 13 October 2014

Solar System Exploration News

NASA Mission Finds Widespread Evidence of Young Lunar Volcanism

http://www.nasa.gov/press/2014/octob...unar-volcanism

NASA’s Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO) has provided researchers strong
evidence the moon’s volcanic activity slowed gradually instead of stopping
abruptly a billion years ago.

Old October 14th 14, 10:58 AM posted to sci.space.science

On 10/13/14, 8:21 AM, NASA via sci.space.science Admin wrote :
Solar System Exploration News

NASA Mission Finds Widespread Evidence of Young Lunar Volcanism

http://www.nasa.gov/press/2014/octob...unar-volcanism

NASA’s Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO) has provided researchers
strong evidence the moon’s volcanic activity slowed gradually instead of
stopping abruptly a billion years ago.

Quite surprising to me. I would've thought that volcanic activity on the
moon had stopped a long time ago. Mars being so much bigger than the
moon, I would expect volcanic activity to last much longer there. So
could we see a major volcanic eruption on Mars in the future?

Alain Fournier

Old October 19th 14, 03:11 AM posted to sci.space.science
NASA via sci.space.science Admin

Default Solar System Exploration News for Saturday 18 October 2014

On 10/14/14, 5:58 AM, NASA via sci.space.science Admin wrote :
On 10/13/14, 8:21 AM, NASA via sci.space.science Admin wrote :
Solar System Exploration News

NASA Mission Finds Widespread Evidence of Young Lunar Volcanism

http://www.nasa.gov/press/2014/octob...unar-volcanism

NASA’s Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO) has provided researchers
strong evidence the moon’s volcanic activity slowed gradually instead of
stopping abruptly a billion years ago.

Quite surprising to me. I would've thought that volcanic activity on the
moon had stopped a long time ago. Mars being so much bigger than the
moon, I would expect volcanic activity to last much longer there. So
could we see a major volcanic eruption on Mars in the future?

Alain Fournier

Dear moderators,

I don't know why, but the response I wrote above was posted as if it had
been written by NASA via sci.space.science Admin. I think this is
unfortunate for the sake of increasing traffic in these newsgroups. I
for one don't always read these messages from NASA, Google News and the
planetary society. But I almost always read messages from regular folks
posting here. I hope this was just a fluke and future messages will be
properly attributed.

Please don't perceive this message as an expression of dissatisfaction.
I appreciate your work. I just hope that better attribution could help
increase traffic.

Alain