about insulating foam crack

Old August 4th 05, 10:11 PM
Raffaele Castagno

Default about insulating foam crack

If I've understood, insulating foam cracks because of the vibrations
during takeoff. It could be a solution to drown a nylon grid in the
foam, just like metal grids are used to reinforce concrete, or nylon
grids are used in bullet proof glasses? This would not avoid cracks,
but should prevent them to fall.

Raffaele

Old August 4th 05, 10:35 PM
C.P Kurz

Raffaele Castagno schrieb:
If I've understood, insulating foam cracks because of the vibrations
during takeoff. It could be a solution to drown a nylon grid in the
foam, just like metal grids are used to reinforce concrete, or nylon
grids are used in bullet proof glasses? This would not avoid cracks,
but should prevent them to fall.

Yeah, adding some kind of loose fabrics/filament into the foam maybe could be a
solution. Could be blown into it with the foam application. Probably allows for
fine tuning between stability and added weight. And maybe needs only to be
applied at certain areas. Wouldn't necessarily alter the foams surface friction.
But do we know that something like that isn't already used?

And we don't know actually know how much reinforcement really is needed.
I found myself thinking: What a stupid idea to apply foam to a device that goes
supersonic! Then I thought: Maybe I have to revise my imagination of what foam
can be like. Not every foam is styrofoam. I'd say, it's impressing how much of
that foam actually stays in place under this enormous strain.

- Carsten
Old August 4th 05, 10:36 PM
Rick Nelson

Momma don't like no 'telligent talk 'roun here...

Leave your brain at the door, please.

Just agree with the fools and go to 'secret mailing list'

Thanks,

Rick

Old August 4th 05, 10:39 PM
Rick Nelson

I think need to apply the notorious "Crack Cream" that some right wing
talk show host in Cincy hawks daily.. (Why does Cincy still have so
much racist violence?)

Thanks,

Rick

Old August 5th 05, 01:28 AM
Burnham Treezdown

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 17:39:28 -0400, Rick Nelson
wrote:

I think need to apply the notorious "Crack Cream" that some right wing
talk show host in Cincy hawks daily.. (Why does Cincy still have so
much racist violence?)

As long as you understand "racist" works both ways (or ALL ways) we
can agree here. Usually though, "racist" is taken to mean "it's always
Whitey's fault".

But most of Cincy's extreme violence is Black-on-Black, since most of
Metro Cincy's population is Black, and the Detroit meth-mafia has
moved in bigtime.

The last time I was there was like '91, and found most of the old
formerly-White areas above downtown on Vine, around the Zoo & UC were
much more mixed racially, and since then I'm told by friends the
violence has increased to the point the old neighborhoods are
downright dangerous any time of day or night.
Old August 5th 05, 09:29 PM
Rick Nelson

Maybe we should take this to soc.talk.prejudice..

But when Escaped Slaves were swimming across the Ohio River just before
the "civil" war - whitey's were using them for target practice.. Get
It? And the dock strikes depriving free blacks of work.. etc etc

Thanks,

Rick

Old August 5th 05, 09:37 PM
Rick Nelson

Would most of that be contraceptive foam, Carston? What scale is your
model of the ET?

Manned missions to space are the militarization and nationalization of
space.

It's obviously not the Shuttle Orbiter's fault for any failure (if it
had been a titanium shell - well, it wasn't) - it has always been the
fault of other parts of the stack - the ET and SRB's.. Make a better ET
on the way to Penguin technology - jus4t ignore the MORON (Bush) - and
work like you're not NAZI's (OK?)

Thanks,

Rick