Juno

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 1st 16, 09:25 PM posted to sci.space.policy
jacob navia

Default Juno

The juno spacecraft passed over the poles of Jupiter last Saturday.

Using NASA's Eyes application, I followed the approach in the simulator
in my Mac. Saturday everything went OK, and I waited for the
photographs... that didn't come.

Well, NASA is processing the photographs, I said to myself and waited
all Sunday. Nothing.

Maybe Monday? Nothing on Monday. Nor in Tueday...

The well known planetary society, publishes a blog written by Emily
Lakdawalla.
http://www.planetary.org/blogs/emily...ter-close.html

quote
I don't know what other images have been planned, because the mission
has inexplicably chosen not to share information with the public about
those plans. This is really weird, because Cassini and New Horizons were
both very open about their plans for imaging with their science cameras.
Juno's JunoCam is an instrument intended specifically for public
outreach, and yet they're keeping information about it close to the
vest. Apart from the types of imaging mentioned in the press release,
there has been discussion of attempting 3D imaging of clouds by taking
images closely spaced in time as the spacecraft passes from north to
south. There was also an opportunity to image Ganymede yesterday. We'll
have to wait and see!
end quote

She wrote that on Saturday. Today is thursday, and still nothing yet.

What can they possible have seen that is so secret that nobody can see it?

This becomes really interesting now.

A view from Juno Gerald Kelleher Amateur Astronomy 12 July 9th 16 03:53 PM
Juno sucks Anonymous Remailer (austria) Policy 11 June 5th 11 05:47 PM
Juno sucks Me Policy 0 June 4th 11 09:44 PM
Juno in Orion William C. Keel Amateur Astronomy 1 November 3rd 05 04:49 PM
Juno yes, Moonrise no Allen Thomson Policy 138 June 15th 05 08:57 PM