OT - question for Americans

Old July 5th 08, 03:30 AM posted to sci.space.history
jonathan[_3_]

Default OT - question for Americans

"Alan Erskine" wrote in message
"OM" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 03 Jul 2008 06:47:31 GMT, "Alan Erskine"
wrote:

When you have a technical problem with Microsoft software, do you get
transferred to a foreign call centre? I won't whinge about it here.

...Alan, are you currently having a problem?

You guessed? ;-\

Just go here, and click 'full service scan'. Among other
things, it has a microsoft registry fixer that should fix OE.
I haven't had a single error since using it.
http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/default.htm

IE7 - the "Command Bar" - all the icons I want to take out, keep coming back.
I've unlocked the tool bars; 'removed' the icons (print etc); re-locked the
tool bars; closed down IE7 and then re-opened it. The icons are all still
there. I'd rather get rid of the Command Bar altogether - useless except for
the 'star' (favourites) icon.

I called Microsoft. Defaulted to Malaysia (I could understand New Zealand,
Canada, the UK or hell, even Americans _try_ to speak English). I asked to be
put through to an Australian; that happened. The Australian said that Sales
Support (!!) would be more able to deal with such a minor issue and put me
through there. Naturally, Sales Support were surprised.

Back on hold.

Spoke to Malaysia again - apparently all tech support issues are dealt with
from there (Microsoft's web site says the number to call is 13 20 58 for
"Australan only" problems). I asked (demanded) to be put back in contact with
an Australian - I don't care if they're born here or not; people who live in a
country tend to speak that language better than someone from a
'foreign-language' country.

I gave up. The conversation ended with me swearing (I'm not known for that on
the phone, in public places etc) and using the 'F' word amongst others. I'm so
utterly frustrated.

Old July 5th 08, 12:40 PM posted to alt.survival,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
None4You

Default NASA - Your Fascist Space Agency

"Ralph" wrote in message
kT wrote:

People who think George W. Bush and Michael Griffin are doing just a
heckava job, just a heckava job, and that NASA should 'stay the course'
with the albatross and autracity that is Ares I - the Stick.

The space race is on: China going to the moon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IummT4LxpXA

Supposedly there's some kind of special space dust that can power a
fusion plant or something like that on the moon. I can't remember what
it's called, but that's the reason China is going there.

Here's some programs Nasa is working on to solve the non-problem of
global warming:
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/8...warmingtb2.jpg

News article(s) about it:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/6369971.stm

Documentary that goes with this article:
"Five Ways to Save the World" (59 min)

Planet actually cooling now, rapidly!

Nasa does actually suck. But not because of somebody's religious
affiliation. They always drag out projects on useless BS so they can
waste their full allotted federal budget. And of course they have been
mismanaged to destruction by dumbass managers with egos to feed. Who
override competent engineers. And they are very competent at cutting
budgets until everything blows up. And then they lie about it by stating
we couldn't do anything to prevent it. And they press hard for
acceptance by jamming Discovery and TLC with their propaganda to protect
their funding and their positions. Their latest and greatest is lets go
to Mars. But . Lets spend a bunch of money going to the moon again
numerous times, Even though we did it already. And its just more useless
trips spending funds. Because its a better way then going to Mars direct.
Because we will save a bunch of money and get our budget cut next year.
Because then we can go to Mars later anyways . After we spend our excess
****load of dough. The guy on TV selling the idea just looked totally
dejected . We want to go to Mars. There's nothing to learn from going to
the moon. We actually know everything we need to get to Mars. We have the
funds, We have the ability. But if we go to the moon 5 times first. It
will be better then just going to Mars. The guy needed help with his
straight face. I clearly saw . I have to say this for my job, But I don't
mean it.

Old July 5th 08, 04:16 PM posted to alt.survival,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
kT

Ralph wrote:
kT wrote:

People who think George W. Bush and Michael Griffin are doing just a
heckava job, just a heckava job, and that NASA should 'stay the course'
with the albatross and autracity that is Ares I - the Stick.

The space race is on: China going to the moon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IummT4LxpXA

No, they aren't. And neither is the US.

Supposedly there's some kind of special space dust that can power a
fusion plant or something like that on the moon. I can't remember what
it's called, but that's the reason China is going there.

No, it isn't.

Here's some programs Nasa is working on to solve the non-problem of
global warming:
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/8...warmingtb2.jpg

Global warming is a severe problem, almost as severe as the asteroid
impact threat.

Planet actually cooling now, rapidly!

No, it isn't.

http://tinyurl.com/yru463

Getting your science from Senator James Inhofe does not bode well for
America's future. This is the reason you ****s are in so much trouble.
Old July 5th 08, 04:28 PM posted to alt.survival,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Alan Erskine[_2_]

"kT" wrote in message ...
Ralph wrote:
The space race is on: China going to the moon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IummT4LxpXA

No, they aren't. And neither is the US.

Oh look; the famous KT Boundary...

Old July 5th 08, 04:52 PM posted to alt.survival,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
kT

Alan Erskine wrote:

"kT" wrote in message ...
Ralph wrote:
The space race is on: China going to the moon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IummT4LxpXA

No, they aren't. And neither is the US.

Oh look; the famous KT Boundary...

Oh look, the infamous Amurkan ingenuity :

http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

American ain't going anywhere anytime soon, especially not in the
abortions called the Ares I and Orion. Trust me.
Old July 5th 08, 05:28 PM posted to alt.survival,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Terrell Miller

"Ralph" wrote in message

Planet actually cooling now, rapidly!
http://tinyurl.com/yru463

except for the fact that the ten hottest years on record have been since
1980, and except for the fact that average temps keep going up and up.

One thing you rapidly learn when you study the global warming crisis is that
certain people lie through their teeth and vehemently deny anything is
wrong.

Those people are mostly the consultants hired by the energy industry, but
there are others.

The sad thing is, they've already won. They kept just enough uncertainty and
confusion going on long enough to derail any chance of the G8 and China
actually making enough cutbacks to stop the temperature climb.

Now it's too late. The climate will get hotter and more chaotic, and there's
nothing we can do about it anymore.

All so a few already-wealthy investors and corporate heads can make more
money.

--
Terrell Miller

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee - that
will do them in."
- Bradley's Bromide

Old July 5th 08, 09:55 PM posted to alt.survival,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
Ralph[_6_]

Terrell Miller wrote:

"Ralph" wrote in message

Planet actually cooling now, rapidly!
http://tinyurl.com/yru463

except for the fact that the ten hottest years on record have been since
1980, and except for the fact that average temps keep going up and up.

One thing you rapidly learn when you study the global warming crisis is that
certain people lie through their teeth and vehemently deny anything is
wrong.

Global temperatures have risen 0.7 C this century. Sea levels have risen
a whopping 8 inches this century. The federal debt has doubled in the
last 8 years. Which do you think is the immediate threat?

Those people are mostly the consultants hired by the energy industry, but
there are others.

Really? All these guys?

U.S. Senate Report: Over 400 Prominent Scientists Disputed Man-Made
Global Warming:
http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.c....Blogs&Content
Record_id=f80a6386-802a-23ad-40c8-3c63dc2d02cb
tiny url for the above link
http://tinyurl.com/2hmrer

31,000 American scientists dispute man made global warming is a threat
http://petitionproject.org/

The sad thing is, they've already won. They kept just enough uncertainty and
confusion going on long enough to derail any chance of the G8 and China
actually making enough cutbacks to stop the temperature climb.

Now it's too late.

Since global temperatures have on average risen at a rate of 0.007 C per
year, I think we've got time.

The climate will get hotter and more chaotic, and there's
nothing we can do about it anymore.

Only the hype increases.

All so a few already-wealthy investors and corporate heads can make more
money.

The AGW crowd are the ones after the money.

How much money they're talking about spending on it:
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/8...warmingtb2.jpg

News article(s) about it:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/6369971.stm

Documentary that goes with this article:
"Five Ways to Save the World" (59 min)

Here's some documentaries disputing the AGW crowd:

Exposed: the Climate of Fear- Glenn Beck -OTHER side of Global Warming

CBC - Global Warming Doomsday Called Off

Global Warming Swindle:

The Greening of Planet Earth part 1
The Greening of Planet Earth part 2

Here's an interview with a scientist who isn't making any money on AGW
and blames increased water vapor due to increased vegetation (forests)
due to modern forest fire fighting methods. Lots of proof.
Part1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be8Ymq21kU4
Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3mvz6QwXXE

Old July 5th 08, 11:05 PM posted to alt.survival,sci.space.history,sci.space.policy
kT

Ralph wrote:
Terrell Miller wrote:

"Ralph" wrote in message

Planet actually cooling now, rapidly!
http://tinyurl.com/yru463

except for the fact that the ten hottest years on record have been since
1980, and except for the fact that average temps keep going up and up.

One thing you rapidly learn when you study the global warming crisis is that
certain people lie through their teeth and vehemently deny anything is
wrong.

Global temperatures have risen 0.7 C this century. Sea levels have risen
a whopping 8 inches this century. The federal debt has doubled in the
last 8 years. Which do you think is the immediate threat?

Your IQ. All else is dependent on that, for you at least.

How does it feel to be an intellectual cripple? Give us a hint.
Old July 9th 08, 10:04 AM posted to alt.survival,sci.space.history
strabo

Alan Erskine wrote:
When you have a technical problem with Microsoft software, do you get
transferred to a foreign call centre? I won't whinge about it here.

Lower level queries or registration matters are off-shored.