Laser image of US Flag on the moon?

Old September 16th 03, 12:52 AM
jojo

Actually, even if it is a bad idea, could it be done?

God, I hope not!

Old September 16th 03, 01:00 AM
Bill Sheppard

Such a laser'ed image would have to be done using the 'flying spot'
technique, the way a moving electron beam 'paints' the picture on a TV
screen. Hey go for it. USA all the way!
oc (Redneck Yankee and damn proud of it)

Anti-spam address: oldcoot88atwebtv.net
Change 'at' to@

Old September 16th 03, 01:21 AM
Douglas A. Shrader

"Darrell" wrote in message
Come on.....How could you call having the US Flag displayed anywhere be
graffiti? Okay, just to be fair, how about we show your flag too? Better
yet, since we, the US of A, have 50 states, we could just display each

state
once a week, then display the US flag for the other two weeks.

Actually, even if it is a bad idea, could it be done?

I do not think so. Even a pencil lead thin laser beam fired from Earth would
be to dispersed to be visible when it struck the moon.

Old September 16th 03, 01:22 AM
CeeBee

"Darrell" wrote in alt.astronomy:

Here's an idea! Could NASA or some other org paint a laser image of
the
US flag on the moon ever 9/11?

If every US citizen and government would have hold the opinion that this
sort of ideas are simply revolting there might not have been a need for
your idea in the first place.

--
CeeBee

Uxbridge: "By God, sir, I've lost my leg!"
Wellington: "By God, sir, so you have!"