NYC Events and PazMiniBits

Old November 6th 08, 03:43 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,sci.astro.planetarium,sci.astro
.[_5_]

Default NYC Events and PazMiniBits

NYC EVENTS AND PazMiniBits
------------------------
For what ever reason, the November 2008 issue of NYC Events
refuses to take when I send it to this newsgroup. Google has its
quirks when posting into a newsgroup, which I haven't figured out
yet.
However, over the past year, since NYSkies opened its website in
September 2007, there was a mass shift of readers to the NYC Events
there. It was just a lot easier to fetch it from our website than to
search thru the letters in the newsgroups.
More over, the layout on the website is much more printer-
friendly
than on the newsgroup. Some nwsgroup services lard their pages with
junk that upsets a clean printout.
So, starting with this November 2008 issue, NYC Events in full
text is ONLY on the NYSkies website. Here's the link:

www.nyskies.org/nyc.htm

I will post here a notice that the next month is 'on screen' for
you. You may always check the website directly at the end of each
month, with or without my alert, for the next issue.
One malefit of this change of publication is that back issues,
after October 2008, are no longer retrievable from newsgroup
archives.
You may obtain any back issue, since about 1998, from us at
'. Please specify the month and year of issue.
While you are at the website, go to the monthly column
PazMiniBits, the news service for home astronomy. This was never
routinely sent to the newsgroups. readers have always collected it
from the website The November 2008 issue is there now. Go to

www.nyskies.org/pmb.htm.

Like for NYC events, the current month is o screen. Past issues,
to about 1996, are available by request thru .
Yes,
give the month and year of the desired issue.
Altho NYC Events is the one and only comprehensive roster of
astronomy activity in the New York City region, there can be -- and
are! -- events that miss the current issue. As NYSkies learns about
them we alert you thru our yahoogroup.
One such new event, coming into our house last afternoon
(November
5th), is a major free public talk by Dr Lisa Randall on Manhattan!
Details are on the yahoogroup. Join thru our website homepage.