Tasco Galaxee 525

Old September 17th 03, 09:21 AM
Ricky Hobson

PatDotson wrote in message ...
The details for the scope are as follows:

Objective Diameter : 60 mm (2.36")
Focal Length : 700 mm
Lenses : K25mm K10mm SR4mm
Barlow : 3x
Erecting Eyepiece : 1.5
Maximum Mag : 525x

Not sure what size eyepieces. Looks around 1.25, but not sure without

trying
to dig out a ruler.

The eyepieces are 1.25". I bough the same telescope on "impulse" about a

month ago. It was on sale for $60, so I figured it would be worth a try.
So far it has!

I've gotten a good view of Mars, with the ice cap visible last month. Now

it has apparently receded enough that I can't quite make it out, but there
is some visible surface detail. Saturn looks great! I've been wanting to
see the rings since I was a kid, and wasn't disappointed. Everything else
so far is a little underwhelming (Andromeda galaxy, Hercules Cluster, etc.),
though that's expected with a 60 mm objective. The Orion Nebula looks
pretty good.

The main thing for viewing the planets, or anything bright, is to remove

only the small dust cover from the objective lens cap. The images are a LOT
clearer that way.

Now that I can see that astronomy will hole my interest, I'm going to

unload this telescope and upgrade to something nicer. But it was definitely
worth the price and works fairly well.

----------
Sent via SPRACI - http://www.spraci.net/ - Parties,Raves,Clubs,Festivals

Hi,

I knew when I picked up this telescope it would cost me money. I got a
Celestron Nextstar 114 last night on ebay for £230. Hopefully if will be a
bit better than the Tasco. Hoping to be able to use it at the weekend to
see Saturn although the weather forecast for home isn't looking too good.

cheers

Ricky

Tasco limits Ioannis Amateur Astronomy 14 October 12th 03 12:55 AM
Small Tasco Cat Martin UK Astronomy 1 October 5th 03 07:08 AM
What size eyepiece for a Tasco Galaxsee 4.5" reflector? Phil Wheeler Misc 2 September 1st 03 04:03 AM
What size eyepiece for a Tasco Galaxsee 4.5" reflector? Phil Wheeler UK Astronomy 1 September 1st 03 03:01 AM