Astronomy Quiz ! ! !

Old October 2nd 04, 12:07 AM
AA Institute

Default Astronomy Quiz ! ! !

Listen up, you may win a prize if you get this right!!!

Question 1:
------------
What is the *second* *reddest* star in the entire night sky to shine
above fifth magnitude? Is it:-

A. Mu Cephei (William Herschel's "Garnet Star")
B. The variable star CE Tauri
C. The red supergiant Antares
D. None of these

Question 2:
-------------

Who was the *FIRST* to identify the *second* *reddest* star mentioned
in question 1 above? Was it:-

A. The English astronomer John Goodricke in 1775
B. Mullah Omar (the notorius Taliban leader in Afghanistan)
C. Sir Patrick Moore
D. Abdul Ahad of the AA Institute

Question 3:
-------------

Does anyone have any plans to observe the variability of the star
mentioned in Question 1 above, in the current season? Clue: The star
is just rising in the late evenings!

All answers invited!!!

AAI
Old October 2nd 04, 02:58 AM
Brilliant One

Listen up, you may win a prize if you get this right!!!

O get real. I already won.
Give me my prize, pretty please.

_______
HREF="http://journals.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo"http://journal
s.aol.com/virginiaz/DreamingofLeonardo/A

Old October 2nd 04, 02:59 AM
Brilliant One

All answers invited!!!

AAI

Indeed!
Come one, come all!
It's free!

_______

Old October 2nd 04, 12:26 PM
Etherized

OK then, what do I win?

Double-A

e!

_______

Old October 4th 04, 02:26 AM
Brilliant One

Answer: D

No, have another go.

By "above fifth magnitude" do you mean = 4, or = 6?

Double-A

Say, 5?
"Five"
There, said that ~ am or pm?

_______

Old October 4th 04, 08:47 AM
Brilliant One

I mean 5 ... brighter than magnitude 5...

Friends [my buds] labor
Away...
Brighter, their
Magnitude