If the Universe Was Created in 6000 Years, How Come the Moon Is Over 4 Billion Years Old?

Old February 8th 14, 10:30 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur,sac.politics,rec.arts.tv
Kenyan Imposter

Default If the Universe Was Created in 6000 Years, How Come the Moon Is Over 4 Billion Years Old?

On 07 Feb 2014, wy posted some
:

It takes time for a moon to form and develop a pock-marked landscape
of craters, certainly a lot longer than 6000 years.

Wrong. A couple minutes is all it would take if something blew up near
by.

http://www.geekosystem.com/moon-evolution-video/

Who says the moon is 4 billion years old? That's a crock of ****. Nobody
knows how old the moon is.
Old February 8th 14, 10:43 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur,sac.politics,rec.arts.tv
The Starmaker

Kenyan Imposter wrote:

On 07 Feb 2014, wy posted some
:

It takes time for a moon to form and develop a pock-marked landscape
of craters, certainly a lot longer than 6000 years.

Wrong. A couple minutes is all it would take if something blew up near
by.

http://www.geekosystem.com/moon-evolution-video/

Who says the moon is 4 billion years old? That's a crock of ****. Nobody
knows how old the moon is.

The moon came from the Earth...so that it can control the tides.
Old February 9th 14, 07:32 AM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur,sac.politics,rec.arts.tv
Siri Cruz

In article ,
The Starmaker wrote:

Kenyan Imposter wrote:

On 07 Feb 2014, wy posted some
:

It takes time for a moon to form and develop a pock-marked landscape
of craters, certainly a lot longer than 6000 years.

The Moon, and the Earth, appear to be about four billion years old. They could
both be 6000 years old, or just twenty minutes old, manufactured to look older
and memories suitably adjusted, if you posit a sufficiently powerful creator. As
long as you're free to posit a creator, any powers to this creator, and any
motivation to this creator, the question is inherently unanswerable since this
creator can change all evidence an answer depends on.

Wrong. A couple minutes is all it would take if something blew up near
by.

It would also be near the Earth, and 6000 years would not be enough to weather
and erode all the craters away.

http://www.geekosystem.com/moon-evolution-video/

Who says the moon is 4 billion years old? That's a crock of ****. Nobody
knows how old the moon is.

Radioisotope concentrations, if you don't assume a creator which has alterred
that evidence.

The moon came from the Earth...so that it can control the tides.

No, the Moon is not made of magic cheese, or magic mantle. Get close enough to
any massy object that its acceleration of gravity varies over your dimensions,
and you have tides.

--
:- Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. Deleted.
'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.'
Old February 9th 14, 01:53 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur,sac.politics,rec.arts.tv
cloud dreamer[_6_]

On 08/02/2014 6:00 PM, Kenyan Imposter wrote:
On 07 Feb 2014, wy posted some
:

It takes time for a moon to form and develop a pock-marked landscape
of craters, certainly a lot longer than 6000 years.

Wrong. A couple minutes is all it would take if something blew up near
by.

Ummm...no. The impact craters would all be on one side of the moon and
the material in the craters would have all come from one source.

http://www.geekosystem.com/moon-evolution-video/

Who says the moon is 4 billion years old? That's a crock of ****. Nobody
knows how old the moon is.

Science. I'll take it over the scribblings of a guy in ancient Judea who
didn't even understand the concept or source of thunder, earthquakes,
coma, drought etc.

The same people who told us that a person with epilepsy should be stoned
to death because they were possessed by the devil.

What? You haven't stoned any epileptics? Why not?

Then that makes you a hypocrite. You either believe and follow it ALL or
none of it.

I'll take verifiable facts over your book of fairy tales any day.

..
Old February 10th 14, 04:49 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur,sac.politics,rec.arts.tv
Martin Brown

On 09/02/2014 06:32, Siri Cruz wrote:
In article ,
The Starmaker wrote:

Kenyan Imposter wrote:

On 07 Feb 2014, wy posted some
:

It takes time for a moon to form and develop a pock-marked landscape
of craters, certainly a lot longer than 6000 years.

The Moon, and the Earth, appear to be about four billion years old. They could
both be 6000 years old, or just twenty minutes old, manufactured to look older
and memories suitably adjusted, if you posit a sufficiently powerful creator. As
long as you're free to posit a creator, any powers to this creator, and any
motivation to this creator, the question is inherently unanswerable since this
creator can change all evidence an answer depends on.

Basically their God is a dodgy antique dealer who distresses his brand
new creations to make them look much older and more interesting than
they really are. He also has to create all photons in transit between us
and all the other objects in the universe. Whilst this is all quite
trivial for a suitably omnipotent being it does require an incredibly
large number of arbitrary initial boundary conditions to be set up.

Much simpler to choose a handful of constants and let The Big Bang rip.

Wrong. A couple minutes is all it would take if something blew up near
by.

It would also be near the Earth, and 6000 years would not be enough to weather
and erode all the craters away.

http://www.geekosystem.com/moon-evolution-video/

Who says the moon is 4 billion years old? That's a crock of ****. Nobody
knows how old the moon is.

Radioisotope concentrations, if you don't assume a creator which has alterred
that evidence.

A technique which gives the time the the rock was last liquid and able
to exchange elements freely with its environment.

The moon came from the Earth...so that it can control the tides.

No, the Moon is not made of magic cheese, or magic mantle. Get close enough to
any massy object that its acceleration of gravity varies over your dimensions,
and you have tides.

The moon was once closer to the Earth and the day considerably shorter
when the Earth was younger. You can find evidence of early tides in
certain sediments of ancient shallow seas by counting days per year. eg

http://spacewardbound.nasa.gov/austr...dynamic s.pdf

But you will never convince the foaming at the mouth rabid right
whingers that science is right. They have a medieval mindset.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old February 10th 14, 05:36 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur,sac.politics,rec.arts.tv
Siri Cruz

But you will never convince the foaming at the mouth rabid right
whingers that science is right. They have a medieval mindset.

It's not about whether science is right or wrong. Maybe the Earth really is only
6000 years ago and science is a mistake. That would have implications about how
we understand the world today; I would infer in such a reality that its god made
humans smart enough to ask questions and then punishes humans when they ask
questions. The question is whether you are comfortable enough with the
implications to accept the assumption. I would not be not be comfortable with
such a petty god.

Old February 10th 14, 05:48 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,alt.astronomy,sci.astro.amateur,sac.politics,rec.arts.tv
Martin Brown

On 10/02/2014 16:36, Siri Cruz wrote:

But you will never convince the foaming at the mouth rabid right
whingers that science is right. They have a medieval mindset.

It's not about whether science is right or wrong. Maybe the Earth really is only
6000 years ago and science is a mistake.

It is exactly about whether science and particularly the scientific
method is right or wrong. Anyone that chooses to believe this
superstitious hocus pocus should be deprived of the marvels of modern
medicine starting with antibiotics, analgesics and anaesthetics.

Earth could just have easily have been created last Tuesday at 16.40 GMT
and the sacred texts and every memory we have today also fabricated by
the capricious and perverse omnipotent being you call God.

Once you have resorted to worshipping a dodgy antique dealer you can't
take anything at face value. Bishop Ushers attempt to work out the age
of the universe was an honest attempt when it was first done, but YEC
today is a horrendous distortion produced by a scientifically illiterate
population of wilfully ignorant folk with a medieval mindset.

That would have implications about how
we understand the world today; I would infer in such a reality that its god made
humans smart enough to ask questions and then punishes humans when they ask
questions. The question is whether you are comfortable enough with the

You mean like discovering apples and the difference between good and
evil? (that didn't work out too well - never trust a talking snake!)

implications to accept the assumption. I would not be not be comfortable with
such a petty god.

There is a very long book about Him. Other cultures have different ones.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old February 10th 14, 08:34 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Monday, February 10, 2014 4:48:31 PM UTC, Martin Brown wrote:
[...]

None of you enjoy the mathematical facet of Genesis which protects the message within the text from being swamped by the surface narrative but then again you need an inspired mind to recognize like for like.

http://books.google.ie/books?id=5VOG...ge&q&f=fal se

These things are called miracles Brown just as all works which delight humanity on their journey through life are miracles. A narrow mind and a small heart isn't going to see the point but then again that was always the point of the apple.

I have to laugh at Newton's apple and the attempt to link it directly with planetary and lunar dynamics using the predictive convenience of RA/Dec and Eden vanishes in that dreary and dull clockwork solar system to which you have chained yourselves to.

Life and color will return to astronomy once more when people see the point -

"What else did Adam do but this same thing? It is said, it was because Adam ate the apple that he was lost, or fell. I say, it was because of his claiming something for his own, and because of his I, Mine, Me, and the like. Had he eaten seven apples, and yet never claimed anything for his own, he would not have fallen: but as soon as he called something his own, he fell, and would have fallen if he had never touched an apple. Behold! I have fallen a hundred times more often and deeply, and gone a hundred times farther astray than Adam; and not all mankind could mend his fall, or bring him back from going astray. But how shall my fall be amended? It must be healed as Adam's fall was healed, and on the self-same wise."

http://www.ccel.org/ccel/anonymous/theologia.v.III.html

Opinions and commentaries are not insights ,only works of kindness along with creativity/productivity are and I have to laugh at your puppet show version of Genesis meant to disturb those who wish to appreciate something greater than themselves at whatever level they wish.

"Now I a fourfold vision see And a fourfold vision is given to me Tis fourfold in my supreme delight And three fold in soft Beulahs night And twofold Always. May God us keep From Single vision & Newtons sleep." William Blake
Old February 10th 14, 11:44 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
palsing[_2_]

On Monday, February 10, 2014 11:34:02 AM UTC-8, oriel36 wrote:

Opinions and commentaries are not insights...

Keep this in mind before you start all over again about the rotation of the moon, the reasons for twilight, the solar vs sidereal nonsense, and all the other drivel you spout, because we have heard your opinions and commentaries all too often. You have no scientific insight at all, as far as I can tell.
Old February 11th 14, 07:10 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

On Monday, February 10, 2014 10:44:58 PM UTC, palsing wrote:
On Monday, February 10, 2014 11:34:02 AM UTC-8, oriel36 wrote:

Opinions and commentaries are not insights...

Keep this in mind before you start all over again about the rotation of the moon, the reasons for twilight, the solar vs sidereal nonsense, and all the other drivel you spout, because we have heard your opinions and commentaries all too often. You have no scientific insight at all, as far as I can tell.

Love of God is an outward expression of an inward experience so that beauty and truth are one and the same in all human endeavors from kindness to all those human endeavors that raise the spirit within us.

People who convince themselves that the moon also spins as it orbits the Earth have no intelligence much less love in them nor those who maintain the Earth turns once more than they are days in the year. Although it appears to the world that the empirical cult knows more than people who observe the moon to orbit the Earth without a separate spinning motion and who wake up each day to another rotation of our planet,you and your empirical colleagues are so much less intelligent than the wider population,at least in astronomical and terrestrial affairs,therefore the wider world is badly mistaken in its view of you and your colleagues.

To be anti-inspirational is to draw attention to yourselves hence you don't respond with all the imaging,graphics and text that I have done in order to draw attention to the details of an insight. One such insight is the gorgeous insertion of the 86400 weeks that span the creation of Adam to the first drop of rain of the flood through a tiny window in Genesis 5 where one lifespan has a familiar ring to it,in this case the 365 years of Enoch.

http://books.google.ie/books?id=5VOG...ge&q&f=fa lse

What you see is the Love of God so keep that in mind Alsing insofar as a hatred of God only exposes how deficient you are in love for anything other than yourself and your own things. You do not delight in what is in front of you and what purpose it serves but then again,people who simply abhor the most basic known astronomical facts accessible to the human body and mind were never going to appreciate what those great works represent in the relation between the individual and universal.

Hatred kills while love expands,keep that in mind the next time you fling dull words in my direction.