CEV to be made commercially available

Old December 15th 05, 06:54 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

Default CEV to be made commercially available

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 01:44:43 GMT, in a place far, far away, "Greg D.
Moore \(Strider\)" made the phosphor
on my monitor glow in such a way as to indicate that:

"Rand Simberg" wrote in message
.. .
On 14 Dec 2005 16:46:05 -0800, in a place far, far away, "Dave
O'Neill" made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

If he does get some of his view of the British
"mainstream" from people with outlooks similar to Perry then he will
have a pretty bizarre view of how we generally think...

I don't rely on Samizdara for my "view of the 'British mainstream.'"

Why would you believe such an absurd thing?

Oh. Right.

The reading comprehension thing again.

Yes, you're suffering from it. He never said he believed it. He posed a
hypothetical.

Then why pose the hypothetical?
Old December 16th 05, 01:52 AM posted to sci.space.policy

Rand Simberg wrote:
On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 01:44:43 GMT, in a place far, far away, "Greg D.
Moore \(Strider\)" made the phosphor
on my monitor glow in such a way as to indicate that:

"Rand Simberg" wrote in message
. ..

On 14 Dec 2005 16:46:05 -0800, in a place far, far away, "Dave
O'Neill" made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

If he does get some of his view of the British
"mainstream" from people with outlooks similar to Perry then he will
have a pretty bizarre view of how we generally think...

I don't rely on Samizdara for my "view of the 'British mainstream.'"

Why would you believe such an absurd thing?

Oh. Right.

The reading comprehension thing again.

Yes, you're suffering from it. He never said he believed it. He posed a
hypothetical.

Then why pose the hypothetical?

Seems obvious to me. He wanted to tell us that he considers the views
of Perry to be pretty bizarre.

Alain Fournier

Old December 16th 05, 03:04 AM posted to sci.space.policy

Alain Fournier wrote:

Then why pose the hypothetical?

Seems obvious to me. He wanted to tell us that he considers the views
of Perry to be pretty bizarre.

Not all of them, occasionally, like Rand, he makes some very valid
points. But, generally, yes, the guy is weird. Although, not to rain
on Rand's ranting - Pat brought up the subject of how weird the
Samizdata crowd were.

I was merely agreeing with him.

Dave

Old December 16th 05, 05:00 AM posted to sci.space.policy

Rand Simberg wrote:
[...]the people in the picture
(one of whom is indeed me, one of whom is the author of The
Anglosphere Challenge, and one of whom, as I said, is a current
Associate Administrator of NASA),

I saw a picture with 2 people in it, not counting the T-day pictures on
the blog page.

Which is the MPD victim? Or do I need to adjust the gamma on the
picture?

/dps

Old December 16th 05, 05:48 AM posted to sci.space.policy

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 19:52:29 -0500, in a place far, far away, Alain
Fournier made the phosphor on my monitor glow

Rand Simberg wrote:
[...]

And to associate me with them.

Not that I have a problem with that.

But he obviously hoped others would...
Old December 16th 05, 06:20 AM posted to sci.space.policy

On 15 Dec 2005 18:04:03 -0800, in a place far, far away, "Dave
O'Neill" made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

Then why pose the hypothetical?

Seems obvious to me. He wanted to tell us that he considers the views
of Perry to be pretty bizarre.

Not all of them, occasionally, like Rand, he makes some very valid
points. But, generally, yes, the guy is weird. Although, not to rain
on Rand's ranting - Pat brought up the subject of how weird the
Samizdata crowd were.

I was merely agreeing with him.

Pat was describing (out of total ignorance, based only on the
picture), how "weird" I and the other two gentleman in the picture
were. I'd be astonished if Pat reads Samizdata enough to know how
"weird" that blog is.

Here is the quote:

Rand is the dazed looking guy on the left standing next to the crazy
looking guy on the right.
That's from this webpage
BTW-http://www.samizdata.net/blog/archives/cat_antics_parties.html
This impresses my as one strange group.

If he was referring to Samizdata, and not the people in the picture
(one of whom is indeed me, one of whom is the author of The
Anglosphere Challenge, and one of whom, as I said, is a current
Associate Administrator of NASA), he certainly had little to base it
on, if he was going on a single post of pictures from a party.

If you read Samizdata regularly, you're certainly entitled to think
them "weird," but it's kind of stupid and nutty to claim that I think
that Perry's views are the British mainstream's. But then, we have to
consider the source...

Of course, when he gets out of the hospital (as I hope he does soon,
in good health, unlike his wishes for George W. Bush, who he hopes
will die from choking on a pretzel), he is welcome to correct me.
Old December 16th 05, 09:18 AM posted to sci.space.policy

snidely wrote:
Rand Simberg wrote:
[...]the people in the picture
(one of whom is indeed me, one of whom is the author of The
Anglosphere Challenge, and one of whom, as I said, is a current
Associate Administrator of NASA),

I saw a picture with 2 people in it, not counting the T-day pictures on
the blog page.

I saw 2 people too, at least in that picture. But I'm not responding
to Rand for the rest of the year, so I couldn't be arsed asking. Glad
you did.

Dave

Old December 16th 05, 04:43 PM posted to sci.space.policy

On 15 Dec 2005 20:00:09 -0800, in a place far, far away, "snidely"

Rand Simberg wrote:
[...]the people in the picture
(one of whom is indeed me, one of whom is the author of The
Anglosphere Challenge, and one of whom, as I said, is a current
Associate Administrator of NASA),

I saw a picture with 2 people in it, not counting the T-day pictures on
the blog page.

Sorry, wrong picture. I was referring to the previous one that Pat
posted from that site, and confused the two posts.
Old December 16th 05, 04:43 PM posted to sci.space.policy

On 16 Dec 2005 00:18:21 -0800, in a place far, far away, "Dave

snidely wrote:
Rand Simberg wrote:
[...]the people in the picture
(one of whom is indeed me, one of whom is the author of The
Anglosphere Challenge, and one of whom, as I said, is a current
Associate Administrator of NASA),

I saw a picture with 2 people in it, not counting the T-day pictures on
the blog page.

I saw 2 people too, at least in that picture. But I'm not responding
to Rand for the rest of the year,

Unfortunately, there's not much left of it.