"Nazis Run Our Space Program" -- Peace Activist Bruce Gag-Me

Old March 22nd 05, 07:47 PM
Eric Chomko

Scott Hedrick ) wrote:

: Eric Chomko wrote:
:
: You'd probably miss with a shotgun as well. And I wouldn't advise
: shooting
: a shotgun into a barrel. But that's just me.

: My dad had some long-distance friends over many years ago. They started
: having fun with a shotgun. One of them shot a bucket of drywall mud, which
: promptly exploded.

: Drywall fell from that tree for years afterwards.

Where is Jeff Foxworthy when you need him? Because that sounds like the
makings of a 'redneck' joke if I ever heard one!

"You might be a redneck, if you shoot drywall mud buckets just to see it
rain gypsum for years afterward."

Eric
Old March 22nd 05, 07:52 PM
Eric Chomko

D Schneider ) wrote:
: Eric Chomko wrote:

: Rand Simberg ) wrote:
: : What leverage is needed? If the employee doesn't get paid what was
: : stipulated at the time of hire, the employer is in breach of the
: : contract, and he can quit, just as he can be fired if he doesn't do
: : the job. That's why it's a mutually-agreed employment contract.
:
: The contract is nothing but a piece of paper without a fair justice
: system.
:

: Fear of retaliation seems to be why so many WalMart workers don't argue
: when told to do "off the clock" overtime. This results in many of them
: being paid less than minimum wage; certainly less than the contract
: promised. Corporations can and do operate successfully while still
: treating employees as humans and the common weal as important, but it is
: rare in a society without something to keep greed from being excessive.

I'm sure WalMart doesn't push it. How much cheaper is WalMart stock to
those employees than it is for me a non-Walmart employee? IOW, do they
offer a company matched stock option plan for their 401Ks?

Just came from Arkansas not 10 miles from where the first WalMArt store
was built. Saw Clinton's museum in Little Rock, too.

Eric

: /dps

: --
: Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/
Old March 22nd 05, 07:57 PM
Eric Chomko

Peter Stickney ) wrote:
: In article ,
: "Ami Silberman" writes:
:
: "Pat Flannery" wrote in message
: ...
:
:
: Rand Simberg wrote:
:
: Depends on calibre and muzzle velocity. With fish like Eric, though,
: a shotgun is adequate, and one shot will do ya.

: Netting Eric is like fishing for Farm Trout. It's so easy, you feel
: guilty.

The only trout you're familar with is another's trouser trout...
Perhaps THAT is what makes you feel guilty?

Eric