Well, not a sat, but saw a strange thing from the shuttle..

Old February 9th 08, 12:26 AM posted to sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe
DougD

Default Well, not a sat, but saw a strange thing from the shuttle..

Ok, managed to get outside just in time for the first non daylight pass of the
shuttle.. Didn't hope for much as we're stuck in terminal cloudiness around
here this time of year. Anyway, right at the predicted time, I spotted a
fairly bright shuttle coming over from the NW. Now, what was strange about
this, for about 1-2 seconds, I saw it light up as if they had aimed a car
headlight at me! This was at about 5:50 pacific time, the sun was going down
somewhere off in the west, so I'm guessing that I caught some kinda
reflection, hard to imagine that there's any light source on the shuttle that
could light up like that under it's own power.. Anyone heard of anything like
this before? It was even brighter than a typical Iridium flare, but didn't
last as long either...

d.

This is very strange Pat Flannery History 23 July 28th 06 02:37 AM
Strange ray Pete Lawrence UK Astronomy 11 June 24th 05 10:29 PM
Strange ?? trufflesdad SETI 9 March 22nd 05 09:07 PM
Something Strange [email protected] History 11 July 6th 04 03:18 AM