OT- the state of the union

Old October 24th 06, 03:55 AM posted to sci.space.history
[email protected]

Default OT- the state of the union

Herb Schaltegger wrote:

Ah. Then I presume you can show where the Supreme Court has smacked
down all the powers that Presidents have been using.

Hard to do when the cases haven't (yet) gotten that far.

Ah. So, you can predict the Supreme Court's future, can you?

Even YOU ought to know better, Lowther.

Huh. And here I thought you had me killfiled. Who knew?

You've got so many email addresses it's hard to keep up.

It's hard to keep up with *two?*

(How many times is this? How many email addresses and nyms have you
used over the years?)

Just the two, dumbass. Maybe you should sue the school that you got
your miseducation in, if you think that "two" is a really big number.

Old October 24th 06, 05:40 AM posted to sci.space.history
Pat Flannery

Herb Schaltegger wrote:

Some of us have and realize that Olbermann is exactly right. THINK
about that stuff for a minute and realize how much power this vests in
the executive branch. It's obscene. Absolutely obscene.

And what makes it amusing is that by neglecting their congressional
duties in regard to the President's little Iraqi idea to save themselves
from having to vote about a war, the Republicans have neatly set
themselves up for destruction in a couple of weeks time.
I believe that George Bush is on a mission from God; it's just not the
one he thinks it is, and that's pretty hilarious.
If nothing else, Iraq might vaccinate the Republicans against doltish
military adventures, the way Vietnam did the Democrats.
That of course assumes that there isn't some "October surprise" coming
up, which I wouldn't entirely rule out given the White House's complete
disconnect from reality.
Here we find out that the North Korean nuclear test was a good thing,
surprisingly enough:
http://thinkprogress.org/2006/10/23/...clear-rooting/

Pat
Old October 24th 06, 09:04 AM posted to sci.space.history
OM[_1_]

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 15:59:43 -0500, Herb Schaltegger
wrote:

Blame the Founding Fathers. It's the system they set up.

Oh horse****. Even YOU ought to know better, Lowther.

....You two g00b3rz quit this **** right now. You're *regulars* aroudn
here, and should behave better than this. We've got more important
trolls to castrate and torture to death!

[Shakes head in utter dismay *and* disappointment]

OM
--
]=====================================[
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [
Old October 24th 06, 09:46 AM posted to sci.space.history
Dale[_1_]

wrote:

Blame the Founding Fathers. It's the system they set up.

Oh horse****. Even YOU ought to know better, Lowther.

...You two g00b3rz quit this **** right now. You're *regulars* aroudn
here, and should behave better than this. We've got more important
trolls to castrate and torture to death!

Maybe you should killfile one of them, and help to put him out of
our misery.

Dale

Hint- not Herb...
Old October 24th 06, 05:02 PM posted to sci.space.history
[email protected]

Pat Flannery wrote:
Herb Schaltegger wrote:

Some of us have and realize that Olbermann is exactly right. THINK
about that stuff for a minute and realize how much power this vests in
the executive branch. It's obscene. Absolutely obscene.

And what makes it amusing is that by neglecting their congressional
duties in regard to the President's little Iraqi idea to save themselves
from having to vote about a war, the Republicans have neatly set
themselves up for destruction in a couple of weeks time.
I believe that George Bush is on a mission from God; it's just not the
one he thinks it is, and that's pretty hilarious.
If nothing else, Iraq might vaccinate the Republicans against doltish
military adventures, the way Vietnam did the Democrats.

Yes, and we can go back to ignoring the world. Let Europe fall.

Old October 24th 06, 10:24 PM posted to sci.space.history
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 15:59:08 -0500, in a place far, far away, Pat
Flannery made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

wrote:

Yes, and we can go back to ignoring the world. Let Europe fall.

If Europe can't take care of itself, then Europe may well deserve to fall.
This isn't the first time the Moors have come knocking at Europe's gate,
and we can't be holding their hand forever. It's been over 60 years now,
and it's time for them to finally get their act together, and start
working like the alliance they claim to be rather than a bunch of
squabbling children trying to one-up each other to score national pride
points.
Just like the Iraqi government, they aren't going to start doing things
until they have to, and as long as we're around they don't have to.

I'm shocked. A post about politics from Pat with which I agree.