CEV to be made commercially available

Old December 12th 05, 10:51 AM posted to sci.space.history

Default CEV to be made commercially available

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 23:31:21 -0600, Pat Flannery wrote:

Dave O'Neill wrote:

You've posted something like, according to Google, 25% of the content
of this particular Newsgroup.

What was really amazing was that sometimes it seemed like he was posting
for 24 or 36 hours straight with no sleep.
That's when I first suspected that he might be something other than
human. I think he first suspected that he might be something other than
human decades ago. :-D

I don't know- a "Get A Life!!" intervention might be needed instead

Dale
Old December 12th 05, 11:19 AM posted to sci.space.history

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 02:54:29 -0600, Pat Flannery wrote:

I used to watch all the Shuttle launches till they got so hum-drum
that I decided to stay in bed for the launch of STS-51L.
My father came upstairs to tell me something was very wrong.

I was the same way- although I'm not sure all the launches were even
shown on the US networks by the time of the Challenger accident. I
woke up late, and came upstairs and heard Peter Jennings recapping
the situation for probably the 43rd time. The odd part was that I wasn't
even slightly shocked by the news. It hit me later. I was in the middle of
building a shuttle model at the time. I stuck a note in between the cargo
bay floor and the lower fuselage that would probably be embarrassing
to read now.

I used to watch most of the Shuttle landings until STS-107- my friend
called me up to tell me something was very wrong.

That morning, my Japanese girlfriend had a fairly early flight home to
Japan. I'd been following the mission pretty closely, but since it was
our last night together for a while, I turned off the 24/7 TV coverage
and concentrated on other things. Got up early and took her to Sea-Tac.
Noticed that the people at the airport were unusually somber and quiet,
but I didn't learn of the accident until my brother called me about 5 hours
after it happened. My reaction was kinda Bbo-ish- like "This is going to
be the end of the shuttle...". As much as I dislike the guy, I have to kinda
grudgingly give Bush some credit for calling for the program to carry on.
Whether that was wise or not remains to be seen.

This is the same friend who runs the shop I walked into on the morning
of Sept. 11, 2001 and who stared and me in dumbfoundment as I looked at
the television and asked him if there was a building on fire somewhere.

Missed that too- learned about it from the sumo mailing list!

But I was watching TV live when it was interrupted by the JFK assassination ,
the MLK assassination, the RFK assassination- as well as the moon landings.
I hope that offsets the above by a bit. Otherwise, I seem to prefer to sleep

Dale

Saw Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction live, too. Pity it didn't happen
20 years earlier
Old December 12th 05, 12:00 PM posted to sci.space.history

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 03:19:27 -0800, I wrote:

But I was watching TV live when it was interrupted by the JFK assassination ,
the MLK assassination, the RFK assassination- as well as the moon landings.

A bit odd, too- I've watched "Monday Night Football" probably three times. One
of those times was the night of December 8th, 1980.

Just not enough Space-Beatles tie-ins here, I think

Dale

Old December 12th 05, 12:52 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 23:59:55 -0600, Pat Flannery wrote
(in article ):

Dave O'Neill wrote:

I do wonder what the Rand Simberg "live act" is like though.

http://www.samizdata.net/blog/~pdeh/rand_perry.JPG
Rand is the dazed looking guy on the left standing next to the crazy
looking guy on the right.
That's from this webpage
BTW-http://www.samizdata.net/blog/archives/cat_antics_parties.html

Someone forgot one of the first rules of firearms safety.

http://www.samizdata.net/blog/~pdeh/taking_aim.jpg

This impresses my as one strange group.

No ****. They also take themselves a mite too seriously.

Pat

--
Herb

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.
~ RAH

Old December 12th 05, 01:59 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

Pat Flannery wrote:

Dave O'Neill wrote:

All of the above have had strong to violent disagreements with you over
your debating technique and your view of the world both in space and on
Earth.

And Pat at least simply killfiled him so as not to be bothered by more
of his innanities.
(hint)

Pat is not alone. Rand went into Scotts killfile; Pat came out.

--
"The only thing that galls me about someone burning the American flag is how unoriginal it is. I mean if you're going to pull the Freedom-of-speech card, don't be a hack, come up with something interesting. Fashion Old Glory into a wisecracking puppet and blister the system with a scathing ventriloquism act, or better yet, drape the flag over your head and desecrate it with a large caliber bullet hole." Dennis Miller
Old December 12th 05, 03:09 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 23:59:55 -0600, in a place far, far away, Pat
Flannery made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

Dave O'Neill wrote:

I do wonder what the Rand Simberg "live act" is like though.

http://www.samizdata.net/blog/~pdeh/rand_perry.JPG
Rand is the dazed looking guy on the left standing next to the crazy
looking guy on the right.
That's from this webpage
BTW-http://www.samizdata.net/blog/archives/cat_antics_parties.html
This impresses my as one strange group.

One of those people is an associate administrator of NASA.
Old December 12th 05, 04:13 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 06:52:30 -0600, in a place far, far away, Herb
Schaltegger made the
phosphor on my monitor glow in such a way as to indicate that:

http://www.samizdata.net/blog/~pdeh/rand_perry.JPG
Rand is the dazed looking guy on the left standing next to the crazy
looking guy on the right.
That's from this webpage
BTW-http://www.samizdata.net/blog/archives/cat_antics_parties.html

Someone forgot one of the first rules of firearms safety.

http://www.samizdata.net/blog/~pdeh/taking_aim.jpg

This impresses my as one strange group.

No ****. They also take themselves a mite too seriously.

FWIW, I'm not a member of Samizdata.
Old December 12th 05, 07:27 PM posted to sci.space.history

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:59:44 GMT, Scott Lowther
wrote:

Rand went into Scotts killfile; Pat came out.

....Boy, if that's not a patrimony suit confession, I'll eat Herb's
hat.

OM
--
]=====================================[
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [
Old December 12th 05, 07:32 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

"Dave O'Neill" wrote in message
ups.com...

Rand Simberg wrote:

Poster after poster? I can count them on my fingers. This is a much
bigger newsgroup than that.

I count 10 including ignoring some of the stranger handles and "odd"
posters who hang around here.

Poem for Rand and CT

Sometimes, when I can't fall asleep at night, I wonder what it would be like
to stick Rand and CT
in a room together, and let them discuss an issue.
We could take bets on who would first object to calling it "Monday Night
Football", since
football is only soccer, and it is already Tuesday in Fiji
or should they let Japanese teams in the world series, and, by the way, we
should probably call them Nipponese, and
by the way, I know Sadaharu Oh
which should really be
Oh Sadaharu,
because the Japanese put last names first
or rather family names before given names

this room would be in zero-G, or more precisely
free fall.
And they could debate whether they were continuously circling the earth
in an orbit, or whether circling was the right word
for an ellipse
However, CT and Rand have, in my idle musings
have forgotten that free fall can also occur
in an elevator
which is falling
down
the
shaft.

Old December 12th 05, 07:35 PM posted to sci.space.history

wrote:

Rand went into Scotts killfile; Pat came out.

...Boy, if that's not a patrimony suit confession, I'll eat Herb's
hat.

Before or after he walks away with the shirt off your back?