CEV to be made commercially available

Old December 8th 05, 03:44 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

Default CEV to be made commercially available

On 7 Dec 2005 15:30:06 -0800, in a place far, far away, "Dave O'Neill"
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a way
as to indicate that:

I've already put money where my mouth is when it comes to pure self
graficitation of an aerospace nature.

So?

If you have to ask that question then you really have a problem with
all this.

I repeat.

So? What the hell is your point?

I made it, I'm rather surprised that you can't seem to see it.

No, you didn't make a point. You simply stated an irrelevant fact.

What is your point?

As I said, it is not possible to tell this from your endless navel
gazing on Usenews.

My what?

You've posted something like, according to Google, 25% of the content
of this particular Newsgroup.

That's utter nonsense.
Old December 8th 05, 04:01 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

Rand Simberg wrote:

By the way, really cool dodge of the point about market analysis tools.

You really really ought to be a politician - you've got this stuff down
pat. At least on here.

I do wonder what the Rand Simberg "live act" is like though.

Dave

Old December 8th 05, 04:24 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

On 7 Dec 2005 16:06:16 -0800, in a place far, far away, "Dave O'Neill"
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a way
as to indicate that:

I've already put money where my mouth is when it comes to pure self
graficitation of an aerospace nature.

So?

If you have to ask that question then you really have a problem with
all this.

I repeat.

So? What the hell is your point?

I made it, I'm rather surprised that you can't seem to see it.

No, you didn't make a point. You simply stated an irrelevant fact.

What is your point?

You talk a lot about how space tourism is going to be big but you've
not even done any of the closest things to it.

How in any rational world does that follow from the fact that you've
taken a ride in a jet?

There are many people who are interested in space tourism, who don't
want to ride in jets. If you had the faintest inkling about market
research, in this area or any other, you'd be aware of this.

I assume you are saving yourself.

I should sacrifice myself? You didn't answer my previous question.

Will you not be satisfied until I and my loved ones are begging in the
street?

What kind of monster are you?

As I said, it is not possible to tell this from your endless navel
gazing on Usenews.

My what?

You've posted something like, according to Google, 25% of the content
of this particular Newsgroup.

That's utter nonsense.

Have you searched on Google News for how much "rand simberg" authored
stuff there is on sci.space.policy versus the total number of posts?

No.

Please do so and then tell it is nonsense.

I think, based on the search I just did I was actually being rather
conservative.

That's utterly hilarious.
Old December 8th 05, 05:28 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 00:56:15 GMT, in a place far, far away, Scott
Lowther made the phosphor on my

Dave O'Neill wrote:

Have you searched on Google News for how much "rand simberg" authored
stuff there is on sci.space.policy versus the total number of posts?

Please do so and then tell it is nonsense.

How does one have Google do such a count? Can it, say, tell you how many
posts by Rand between such and such a date? Or do you have to count 'em
yourself?

If it does it automatically... post numbers here. Settle the issue.

Shhhh....

Don't spoil Dave's delusions. They're all he has.
Old December 8th 05, 06:33 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

On 7 Dec 2005 18:28:59 -0800, in a place far, far away, "Dave O'Neill"
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a way
as to indicate that:

Rand Simberg wrote:
On 7 Dec 2005 15:13:29 -0800, in a place far, far away, "Dave O'Neill"
made the phosphor on my monitor glow in such a way
as to indicate that:

He may well be anonymous. Cowardly... perhaps.

Troll?

No, actually nothing he has asked in this thread falls into that
definition.

OK, just a slanderous moron, with no basis for the slander.

Then you will have no problem refuting his comments.

I'm not entirely sure myself of the Usenews protocol, but this would
surely fall more into the area of libel as he has written and published
his statements. If you felt the comments fell into that area in many
legal domains you would have legal recourse.

Oh, please.

Assuming his statements
are factually incorrect and defame your character.

Of course they defame my character. Are you an idiot, that you think
that calling someone a "liar and fraud" is not a defamation of
character?

You don't have to answer that. You do with every post.

And of course talking about legalities is also idiotic. This is
Usenet.

You need to start debating again Rand rather than pathetically jerking
your knee when people have the shear afrontary to disagree with some of
your sacred cows.

My what?

You do _know_ what a "Sacred Cow" is don't you? The term is in the
dictionary.

Yes.

My what?
Old December 8th 05, 07:19 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

On 7 Dec 2005 19:01:37 -0800, in a place far, far away, "Dave O'Neill"

Rand Simberg wrote:

By the way, really cool dodge of the point about market analysis tools.

And equally (actually, even more) "cool" dodge of my quesion of how
much my family should suffer before the great "Dave O'Neill" will
consider me worthy of being part of the alt-space community.

And I didn't "dodge" your point. I ignored it (which is to say, I
gave it all the consideration it was due).
Old December 8th 05, 03:45 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

Scott Lowther wrote:
Dave O'Neill wrote:

Have you searched on Google News for how much "rand simberg" authored
stuff there is on sci.space.policy versus the total number of posts?

Please do so and then tell it is nonsense.

How does one have Google do such a count? Can it, say, tell you how many
posts by Rand between such and such a date? Or do you have to count 'em
yourself?

If it does it automatically... post numbers here. Settle the issue.

The Advanced Search Tag seems to work, I searched for Author: "Rand
Simberg" in sci.space.policy between Jan 1980 and the present day.
That got 17,000 hits. I then searched for all archieved
sci.space.policy posts which were about 25,000 - so at least in terms
of the stuff that has been stored, Rand is way ahead of the pack. I've
been down under a couple of aliases but I've a few 1000 - I didn't
search other people.

Dave

Old December 8th 05, 03:53 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

Rand Simberg wrote:

By the way, really cool dodge of the point about market analysis tools.

And equally (actually, even more) "cool" dodge of my quesion of how
much my family should suffer before the great "Dave O'Neill" will
consider me worthy of being part of the alt-space community.

Don't be hysterical Rand.

And I didn't "dodge" your point. I ignored it (which is to say, I
gave it all the consideration it was due).

No, I think it is more accurate that you've not actually done much in
the way of commercial analysis using tools like S curves so you don't
really grasp how the estimating system works.

The reason I brought up the telco space is that the market sizing
analysis that's done there is the same as Futron use. It's a pretty
standard methodology, the fact you don't seem to be aware of this
speaks volumes for your competence outside engineering, where, I assume
you are reasonably competent.

Dave

Old December 8th 05, 04:00 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

Rand Simberg wrote:

snip

Given what you, yourself call people on and off Usenews - thinking for
a moment of your rabid diatribes about what an idiot and mental
deficient Mark Whittington is - this whole wounded, "poor me" routine
is a little nauseating.

You need to start debating again Rand rather than pathetically jerking
your knee when people have the shear afrontary to disagree with some of
your sacred cows.

My what?

You do _know_ what a "Sacred Cow" is don't you? The term is in the
dictionary.

Yes.

My what?

Your sacred cows - you've dozens of them. DO you want to play this
game all day? I've spent the last few months doing a contract with a
particularly anal north american company with what feels like more
lawyers than engineers.

In contrast you're light relief.

I've missed how upset I seem to get you :-p

Dave

Old December 8th 05, 04:08 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history

Dave O'Neill wrote:

The Advanced Search Tag seems to work, I searched for Author: "Rand
Simberg" in sci.space.policy between Jan 1980 and the present day.
That got 17,000 hits. I then searched for all archieved
sci.space.policy posts which were about 25,000 - so at least in terms
of the stuff that has been stored, Rand is way ahead of the pack. I've
been down under a couple of aliases but I've a few 1000 - I didn't
search other people.

I used the same technique, but limitted it to 2005.

Results 1 - 10 of 2,430 from Jan 1, 2005 to Dec 8, 2005 for
group:sci.space.policy author:rand (0.05 seconds)

Results 1 - 10 of 45,600 from Jan 1, 2005 to Dec 8, 2005 for
group:sci.space.policy (0.39 seconds)

While Rand does post rather a lot (without actually saying anything...
just "you're wrong" one-liners), his posts do seem to be a small
fraction of the total. Still a lot, though...

Not sure how you only got 25K posts for 25 years worth of SSP. While
45K posts for one year is surprisignly large, 25K posts for 25 years is
unbelievably small. Averages out to about 3 per day.

Got 36 for you and 187 for me and 366 for Henry Spencer and 1170 for
Chomko and 1400 for Flannery, if that makes any difference.