"Nazis Run Our Space Program" -- Peace Activist Bruce Gag-Me

Old March 18th 05, 10:02 PM
Pat Flannery

Peter Stickney wrote:

Well, sir, you've made me look up my Grandmother's Wild Duck
(Sheldrake, actually, - a Maine version of Merganser) stew.

1) Obtain 1 Sheldrake.
2) Take a medium-sized Cauldron (Ask the Theater Folks downta Gould
Academy if they're done with the one they borrowed for Macbeth.) Set
up a tripod, build a good hardwood (Birch & Poplar, mostly) fire, &
boil up a batch of water. Toss in the Sheldrake, and an old Axe head.
3) Continue boiling, adding water as necessary, for 1 week.
4) Add a couple of rabbits, Drawn & Quartered, and a Beaver Tail or 2
if you've got any around. Keep boiling another day or so.
5) Add as much Potatoes, Carrots, & other Root Vegetables as you can
stand.
6) Stew is doen whe you can stick a fork into the Axe Head. When you
can, throw away the Sheldrake and eat the Axe Head.

That's good! :-D

Pat
Old March 19th 05, 12:05 AM
Rand Simberg

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 12:56:03 -0800, in a place far, far away, "D
Schneider" made the phosphor on my monitor
glow in such a way as to indicate that:

Eric Chomko wrote:

Rand Simberg ) wrote:
: What leverage is needed? If the employee doesn't get paid what was
: stipulated at the time of hire, the employer is in breach of the
: contract, and he can quit, just as he can be fired if he doesn't do
: the job. That's why it's a mutually-agreed employment contract.

The contract is nothing but a piece of paper without a fair justice
system.

Fear of retaliation seems to be why so many WalMart workers don't argue
when told to do "off the clock" overtime. This results in many of them
being paid less than minimum wage; certainly less than the contract
promised.

Which continues to have nothing to do with whether or not there should
be a minimum wage.
Old March 19th 05, 02:25 AM
James

"Peter Stickney" wrote in message

There are things within reach and things out of sight ... and in between
are
the Doors.

That's a bass-less comment.

--
Pete Stickney

Without data, all you have are opinions

But it's a left-handed compliment.

James

Old March 22nd 05, 06:38 PM
Eric Chomko

Rand Simberg ) wrote:
: On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:35:59 -0600, in a place far, far away, Pat
: Flannery made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
: such a way as to indicate that:

: Eric Chomko wrote:
:
:
: I understood Pat's comment perfectly, and it has nothing to do with the
: military and as everything to do with how you view yourself.
:
:
:
: To clear the air here; the remark was supposed to be a reference to our
: new society being along the lines of a fascist dictatorship with lots of
: uniforms and parades; as long as we are going to be impoverished and
: exploited, we might as well have cool uniforms to wear while we suffer.

: Yes, which is why Eric's response was...typical. And hilarious.

Only to buffoons and the giddy.

Eric
Old March 22nd 05, 06:41 PM
Eric Chomko

Rand Simberg ) wrote:
: On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:44:39 -0600, in a place far, far away, Pat
: Flannery made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
: such a way as to indicate that:

: Eric Chomko wrote:
:
: : No, instead we've had taxpayer uprisings.
:
: Is that what the Revolution was against England back in 1776-83?
:
:
:
: To some extent, yes. The battlecry of "No taxation without
: representation!" was a major one during the war.
: Then there was George III's demand that he have the right of Prima Nocta
: with all women married in the colonies; who can forget that fateful day
: that George Washington's wife was killed by General Burgoyne, and he
: painted his face half blue and....and ... wait a minute. :-)

: Don't do that. He'll believe you. He believes lots weirder stuff.

The only thing weird is that you're supposedly educated and some sort of
aerospace engineer, and an expert at that. Now THAT is weird!

Eric
Old March 22nd 05, 06:43 PM
Eric Chomko

Scott Hedrick ) wrote:

: "Pat Flannery" wrote in message
: ...
: With luck, you can down 25 to 50 ducks at a time- what this lacks in
: sportsmanship it more than makes up for in efficiency.

: *Then*, one can wait to see what that many duck carcasses will attract, and
: have at it.

: Sportsmanship, hell- I'm hungry!

Then go to the grocery store!

Old March 22nd 05, 06:47 PM
Eric Chomko

Scott Hedrick ) wrote:

: Eric Chomko wrote:
:
: You'd probably miss with a shotgun as well. And I wouldn't advise
: shooting
: a shotgun into a barrel. But that's just me.

: My dad had some long-distance friends over many years ago. They started
: having fun with a shotgun. One of them shot a bucket of drywall mud, which
: promptly exploded.

: Drywall fell from that tree for years afterwards.

Where is Jeff Foxworthy when you need him? Because that sounds like the
makings of a 'redneck' joke if I ever heard one!

"You might be a redneck, if you shoot drywall mud buckets just to see it
rain gypsum for years afterward."

Eric