Frances: At least it wasn't the VAB . . .

Old September 6th 04, 02:27 PM
Herb Schaltegger

Default Frances: At least it wasn't the VAB . . .

A picture's worth a thousand words.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp.../flpc150090517
26&e=15&ncid=705

--
Herb Schaltegger, B.S., J.D.
"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity."
Old September 6th 04, 04:01 PM
Alan Erskine

"Herb Schaltegger" wrote in message
A picture's worth a thousand words.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp.../flpc150090517
26&e=15&ncid=705

Is that the only casualty?

--
Alan Erskine
We can get people to the Moon in five years,

Old September 6th 04, 05:40 PM
Peter Stickney

"Alan Erskine" writes:
"Herb Schaltegger" wrote in message
A picture's worth a thousand words.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp.../flpc150090517
26&e=15&ncid=705

Is that the only casualty?

"Used to launch Alan Shepard on the first unmanned suborbital flight?"

He'd be very upset.

--
Pete Stickney
bad measures. -- Daniel Webster
Old September 6th 04, 05:55 PM
David Stribling

Fiction stranger than truth? ;^)

http://fliskits.com/photo_album/cmas...s/p1130753.jpg

--
David Stribling
NAR 18402 SR

"Alan Erskine" wrote in message
"Herb Schaltegger" wrote in message
A picture's worth a thousand words.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/040905/480/flpc15009051726&e=15&ncid=705

Is that the only casualty?

Old September 6th 04, 05:58 PM
Rolf T. Kappe

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 08:27:52 -0500, Herb Schaltegger
wrote:

A picture's worth a thousand words.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp.../flpc150090517
26&e=15&ncid=705

I love the caption:
"A rocket similar to this was used to launch Alan Shepard on the first
unmanned suborbital mission."

Alan Shepard on an unmanned mission?

--Rolf

Old September 6th 04, 07:22 PM
Jonathan Silverlight

In message ,
Herb Schaltegger writes
A picture's worth a thousand words.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp.../flpc150090517
26&e=15&ncid=705

Didn't it occur to someone that something that looks like a pencil
standing on end is going to fall over, if it is hit by a hurricane? :-)
--
What have they got to hide? Release the ESA Beagle 2 report.
Old September 6th 04, 08:20 PM
Damon Hill

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 11:22:18 -0700, Jonathan Silverlight wrote:

In message ,
Herb Schaltegger writes
A picture's worth a thousand words.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp.../flpc150090517
26&e=15&ncid=705

Didn't it occur to someone that something that looks like a pencil
standing on end is going to fall over, if it is hit by a hurricane? :-)

As I recall, most of those exhibits were guy-wired to prevent just that.
Given the damage reports coming in, it must have gotten rougher out there
than onland. Sustained high winds and possible tornado(s)?

--Damon
Old September 6th 04, 09:16 PM
bob haller

As I recall, most of those exhibits were guy-wired to prevent just that.
Given the damage reports coming in, it must have gotten rougher out there
than onland. Sustained high winds and possible tornado(s)?

Its happened before, last time I was at KSC a roket was down, from a storm. too
bad they cant put a pole up thru the center or soething to prevent such damage.
the rocket garden ones are mostly empty shells.
HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Old September 7th 04, 01:53 AM
http://149.137.107.8/home/homeJ.html user id: Gue

http://149.137.107.8/home/homeJ.html