The latest fetish of planetary scientists; "There's an ocean underevery moon!"

Old July 21st 15, 10:57 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

Default The latest fetish of planetary scientists; "There's an ocean under every moon!"

wrote:
On Tuesday, July 21, 2015 at 9:38:02 AM UTC-4, Mike Collins wrote:

Afraid to use the full word again!
Coward!

As I explained to peterson, there might be kids reading this. Spell out
what you think the 'f' stands for, coward.

And as I've already explained to you the kids will know all of those words
anyway.
I don't use such language myself.
Old July 22nd 15, 10:07 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Tuesday, July 21, 2015 at 2:57:31 PM UTC-4, LdB wrote:
On 7/21/2015 7:02 AM, wsnell01 wrote:
On Tuesday, July 21, 2015 at 7:51:05 AM UTC-4, Mike Collins wrote:
wsnell01 wrote:
On Monday, July 20, 2015 at 3:45:58 AM UTC-4, Martin Brown wrote:
On 19/07/2015 23:39, RichA wrote:

But not English. You say "absolutely certain" when certain IS an absolute.

I am fairly certain that you are wrong.

I am certain that you have no idea what "certain" means.

I could describe you as pedantic but I'm not certain that's quite the right
word.

You could just f off and mind your own business.

Use of the F sharp is "certainly" to be expected when someone from the
welfare class is interrupting a conversation.

I'll give you the same advice, LsD... f off and mind your own business. This conversation is about peterson's hypocrisy and double standards. Don't interrupt.

Old July 22nd 15, 10:13 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

On Tuesday, July 21, 2015 at 5:58:52 PM UTC-4, Mike Collins wrote:
wsnell01 wrote:
On Tuesday, July 21, 2015 at 9:38:02 AM UTC-4, Mike Collins wrote:

Afraid to use the full word again!
Coward!

As I explained to peterson, there might be kids reading this. Spell out
what you think the 'f' stands for, coward.

And as I've already explained to you the kids will know all of those words
anyway.
I don't use such language myself.

Perhaps kids in the UK are more likely to know and use anglo-saxon words, and rude, offensive language in general???

A sampler:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rorylewarne/...ned#.xr1y47vqp

Old July 22nd 15, 03:03 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

wsnell01 wrote:
On Tuesday, July 21, 2015 at 9:38:02 AM UTC-4, Mike Collins wrote:

Afraid to use the full word again!
Coward!

As I explained to peterson, there might be kids reading this. Spell out
what you think the 'f' stands for, coward.

And as I've already explained to you the kids will know all of those words
anyway.
I don't use such language myself.

Perhaps kids in the UK are more likely to know and use anglo-saxon words,
and rude, offensive language in general???

A sampler:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rorylewarne/...ned#.xr1y47vqp

Nice to see you continuing your education.

Any words you use your kids will understand.
Assuming you have any.
Old July 22nd 15, 04:22 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B[_2_]

On Wednesday, 22 July 2015 16:05:24 UTC+2, Mike Collins wrote:

Nice to see you continuing your education.

Any words you use your kids will understand.
Assuming you have any.

I heard they died of starvation and neglect because their biological father refused to believe that anything so weak and defenceless deserved his financial or moral support. Besides, most of poor Mr Snelly's useful income was being sent voluntarily straight to the nearest, needy, billionaire, neo-fascist, republican congressman to bolster his negative TV advertising, election funds. So poor Mr.Snelly had little left to spare for niceties like food, warmth and shelter for his limp and lazy, hideously parasitic, neo-democratic, slime-green, hippy-like offspring.
Old July 22nd 15, 07:31 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

wsnell01 wrote:
On Tuesday, July 21, 2015 at 9:38:02 AM UTC-4, Mike Collins wrote:

Afraid to use the full word again!
Coward!

As I explained to peterson, there might be kids reading this. Spell out
what you think the 'f' stands for, coward.

And as I've already explained to you the kids will know all of those words
anyway.
I don't use such language myself.

Perhaps kids in the UK are more likely to know and use anglo-saxon words,
and rude, offensive language in general???

A sampler:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rorylewarne/...ned#.xr1y47vqp

Nice to see you continuing your education.

Any words you use your kids will understand.
Assuming you have any.

You Brits seem to have quite a few more cuss words than the Americans, so much so that you even have to teach them in school:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/332...pupils-aged-11

Now, this sort of thing _might_ happen (rarely) in America. But then we are a big, diverse, grown-up and generally polite country. The UK? Not so much.
Old July 22nd 15, 10:27 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

wsnell01 wrote:
[...]

Seems like a good idea. They already use much worse we'd in the playground.

And you really know nothing about Britain. The Daily Express had all the
authority of it's nearest US equivalent - The National Enquirer.
Old July 22nd 15, 10:42 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/upd...ing-worksheet/

Old July 23rd 15, 09:37 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Mike Collins[_4_]

wsnell01 wrote:

You Brits seem to have quite a few more cuss words than the Americans, so
much so that you even have to teach them in school:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/332...pupils-aged-11

Now, this sort of thing _might_ happen (rarely) in America. But then we
are a big, diverse, grown-up and generally polite country. The UK? Not so much.

Seems like a good idea. They already use much worse we'd in the playground.

And you really know nothing about Britain. The Daily Express had all the
authority of it's nearest US equivalent - The National Enquirer.

http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/upd...ing-worksheet/

AsI said it seems like a good idea. It would have prevented what happened
to a friend of mine at primary school (age 8). He turned to his mother
after watching an episode of "Wagon Train" and said to her "Flint McCulloch
was right about those ****ing ******* indians". What happened to him after
that taught me that swearing at school would lead to swearing at home and
is probably the reasonI don't swear now.
Old July 23rd 15, 11:47 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
[email protected]

wsnell01 wrote:

You Brits seem to have quite a few more cuss words than the Americans, so
much so that you even have to teach them in school:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/332...pupils-aged-11

Now, this sort of thing _might_ happen (rarely) in America. But then we
are a big, diverse, grown-up and generally polite country. The UK? Not so much.

Seems like a good idea. They already use much worse we'd in the playground.

And you really know nothing about Britain. The Daily Express had all the
authority of it's nearest US equivalent - The National Enquirer.

http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/upd...ing-worksheet/

AsI said it seems like a good idea. It would have prevented what happened
to a friend of mine at primary school (age 8). He turned to his mother
after watching an episode of "Wagon Train" and said to her "Flint McCulloch
was right about those

(obscene gerund deleted)

******* indians". What happened to him after
that taught me that swearing at school would lead to swearing at home and
is probably the reasonI don't swear now.

I would posit that it was the racist/bigoted/intolerant tone of your friend, much more than his specific choice of words, that got him into trouble. That's what would happen in the US... things might be different in your country.