Griffin bye-bye at NASA?

Old November 13th 08, 11:44 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle
Pat Flannery

Default Griffin bye-bye at NASA?

http://spaceflightnow.com/news/n0811/13griffin/

Spock is dead?

"Amazing grace, how sweet the sound
Of a extended SRB!
The Moon was lost, but now am found,
When Dubya appointed me.

’Twas thrust that taught my heart to fear,
And stretching my fears reliev’d;
How precious did that extra segment appear,
The hour I first believ’d!

Thro’ many dangers, toils and snares,
Constellation has already come;
’Tis Dubya has brought me safe thus far,
But Obama may send me home.

NASA promis’d good to me,
Their retirement package my hope secures;
They will my shield and portion be,
As long as my life endures.

Yes, when this program and mission shall fail,
And Shuttle launches shall cease;
I shall possess, within this vale,
A life of joy and peace.

Constellation's funding shall soon dissolve like snow,
The Ares I forbear to shine;
But NASA, who hire'd me here below,
Will be forever mine.

No Shuttle was lost, thanks to my good work,
Though Hubble twas not repaired.
At least I wasn't a complete jerk,
When to Dan Goldin compared." :-D

Pat

Old November 14th 08, 06:27 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle

On Nov 13, 5:44*pm, Pat Flannery wrote:
[...]

He will be remembered most for his ill-informed decision to bring back
the poorly-designed-to-begin-with NASA Meatball logo.
Old November 14th 08, 07:06 AM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle
Jorge R. Frank

M wrote:

He will be remembered most for his ill-informed decision to bring back
the poorly-designed-to-begin-with NASA Meatball logo.

That was Goldin, you dumbass.
Old November 14th 08, 12:07 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle
Brian Gaff

Oh come on, that is a bit harsh!

Brian

--
Brian Gaff -
in the display name may be lost.

Old November 14th 08, 02:03 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle
Pat Flannery

Jorge R. Frank wrote:
M wrote:

He will be remembered most for his ill-informed decision to bring back
the poorly-designed-to-begin-with NASA Meatball logo.

That was Goldin, you dumbass.

The way he phrased it, it could refer to either Griffin or Goldin.
"He will be remembered most for his ill-informed decision to bring back
the poorly-designed-to-begin-with NASA Meatball logo."
Everyone is sure getting ****ed-off as far as language goes after Obama won.
BTW, a interesting article regarding _why_ Obama won - because
Republicans either didn't vote, or didn't vote for McCain for president
- although voting for other Republican candidates on the ballot:
http://www.boston.com/news/politics/...nt_set_record/
Boy, if that's not a bad sign, nothing is...that means they weren't even
willing to vote for McCain just to stop Obama from being elected, and
are feeling completely alienated by their own party's presidential pick.
The Republicans have some serious work to do if they are to find a
single political/economic philosophy they can all gather
around...although I think the whole party might break into two or three
separate parties shortly.
Actually, even though such a fracturing in the short term would be
handing the Democrats total political power on a platter, in the long
term it would allow new political/economic philosophies to emerge and
gain adherents, which would be very healthy for America's future.
I have never in my life seen the Democrats run as completely competent
and aggressive of a campaign as they did this year.
It was downright astounding to see; bringing back memories of the
political power the party wielded under FDR.

Pat
Old November 14th 08, 02:37 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle
Pat Flannery

Brian Gaff wrote:
Oh come on, that is a bit harsh!

Brian

I actually really liked the original NASA logo; and didn't it come back
in under Sean O'Keefe?

Pat
Old November 14th 08, 03:10 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle
BradGuth

On Nov 13, 9:27 pm, M wrote:
[...]

Perhaps BHO should put William Mook in charge. At least Mook would
get billions upon billions spent in no time at all, even if it meant
another cold-war or WWIII in the process. I bet that would make these
brown-nosed minions and clowns into happy civil service campers.

~ Brad Guth Brad_Guth Brad.Guth BradGuth BG / “Guth Usenet”
Old November 14th 08, 03:13 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle
Jeff Findley

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
dakotatelephone...
http://spaceflightnow.com/news/n0811/13griffin/

Spock is dead?

We all hoped it would be true, now we're starting to see confirmation that
even Griffin expects to get the boot.

Still, Griffin is clueless. He said:

We're in a good policy direction right now. NASA, in my view, for
the first time since (the) Nixon administration terminated Apollo,
NASA is now doing the right things. We're also doing things right,
but, we're doing the right things. If somebody wanted me to stay on
but said 'now, we need to go over here,' well, do it with somebody
else.

He also said that keeping the shuttle flying beyond 2010 is harder the
closer they look at it. I think it's only harder because of Griffin's
insistence of tearing out all the shuttle infrastructure in order to replace
it with Ares. Cancel Ares, and those problems vanish!

Let's see, Ares is an abomination, so I think that cancelling it would
qualify as "now, we need to go over here", where "here" is EELV. Goodbye
and don't let the door hit you on the @$$ on the way out!

Jeff
--
beb - To paraphrase Stephen Colbert, reality has an anti-Ares I bias.

Old November 14th 08, 03:14 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle
Rand Simberg[_1_]

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 07:03:13 -0600, in a place far, far away, Pat
Flannery made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

Jorge R. Frank wrote:
M wrote:

[...]

That's because McCain wasn't nominated by Republicans. He was
nominated by the media, independents and Democrats voting in open
primaries. Both candidates were nominated by the press, which is why
they both sucked.

Very few people who voted Republican voted for John McCain. They
either voted for Sarah Palin, or against Barack Obama. The only
people who might have otherwise been inclined to vote for John McCain
(like people in the media) liked Obama more.
Old November 14th 08, 03:38 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle
BradGuth

On Nov 14, 6:13 am, "Jeff Findley"
wrote:
[...]

Perhaps we should outsource our NASA to India, whereas at not 10 cents
on the dollar would be a solid win-win for the few remaining public
dollars we've got left.

~ BG