VIRUS WARNING Stuf 4 post on comet!

Old November 20th 03, 12:41 PM
Pat Flannery

Default VIRUS WARNING Stuf 4 post on comet!

LooseChanj wrote:

True. But why do I get the feeling the Firewomen surf the net with a fire
breathing lizard, and not its neutered cousin? I certainly wouldn't want to
let them catch me riding around with exploitable holes either...

It took me a second to get that...back when I was learning about
computers in high school, young whippersnappers like you were getting
their glasses broken by Sloe Gin drinking "hard guys" who would "call
them out" after school to teach the little four-eyed miscreants a thing
or two about who was going to be boss of the our little rustic world.
Little did these "Studly Do-Rights" realize that in the future,
cybernetic thinking machines _wouldn't even use_ punch cards and little
metal doughnuts on crossed wires to operate, and that the 98 pound
thinklings would transmute from slide rule brandishing perpetually
virgin "Dinkytown Dinks" into stock portfolio brandishing terrors who
would take over the world, and foreclose on the house mortgages of their
dim-witted tormentors one-by-one, with the glee a Cretaceous rodent knew
the first time it gnawed into a Tyrannosaurus Rex egg? Hear them
cackling maniacally from the weasel-fur covered seats of their recently
bought Concorde business jets, as their soon-to-be trophy wives are
busily at work in their laps, and the Mastodon-ivory-keyed
player-pipe-organ draws its air from the mighty Olympus engines, and
belts out Toccata And Fugue In D Minor for all the world to hear!
I, for one, thought that was just desserts if there ever were any...but
I digress.
I am incrementally working toward Mozilla by upgrading to Netscape 7.1
(which, by the way downloads as Mozzila). In my aged and fragile
condition, such future shock as changing browsers more than once a year
could be fatal, as it is nearly as emotionally upsetting as the day I
first realized that all the current Playboy Playmates were born after I
graduated...from college.

Pat

Old November 20th 03, 11:08 PM
C. F. Leon

Pat Flannery wrote in message ...
[...]

Pat, we all have issues with our high school lives, but I think the
medication's wearing off...
Old November 21st 03, 11:40 AM
Pat Flannery

C. F. Leon wrote:

Pat, we all have issues with our high school lives, but I think the
medication's wearing off...

Actually, I didn't belong to either of those groups (more's the pity in
regard to the computer crowd; I would have been perfectly placed in time
to climb on the cybernetic bandwagon as it headed for The Land Of
Promise; and of course Mr. Ever-So-Clean-Living-Science-Fair-Boy Rick
Hieb got to graduate a couple of years ahead of me and go up on the
Space Shuttle.), but was rather the quiet loner type, more given to dark
incantations over pentagrams in the night than football or pocket
protectors.
Which reminds me...I never did finish up that Halitosis Curse I was
going to put on Little Ricky, did I?
Hated high school- absolutely loved college. But of course Arkham,
Massachusetts, is a beautiful college town.
Where Rick and I grew up:
http://w1.704.comhem.se/~u70405033/f...eengelsk1.html
....the mound in the background is the dormant Mt. Tatonka, which is
constantly seismically monitored against eruption.
Here is the high school where both myself, and an unnamed smarty-pants
from NASA graduated:
http://www.jamestown.k12.nd.us/jhs/i...h%20school.jpg
....the three rectangular objects over the main door are the surplus WW
II air raid sirens that will be activated to warn the "town" if Mt.
Tatonka is about to erupt.
Here is "Old-Thunder-On-Ground" the giant buffalo fetish:
http://w1.704.comhem.se/~u70405033/f...eengelsk3.html
.....that was carved from a single block of concrete by Night Train and
Thunderbird, Medicine Men of The Lakota Stewed Indians, as a gift to our
fair city on the 100th anniversary of their tribe's displacement into
Muskrat Slough to make way for the famous "Little Orville's Buffalo
Tongue Meat Processing Plant"- and the terrible plague that followed in
the wake of that move, known to them forever after as "The Time Of
Puking Upon The Wet Muskrat".

Patrick-Walking-Heavy

Old November 23rd 03, 01:30 AM
Scott Hedrick

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
Which reminds me...I never did finish up that Halitosis Curse I was
going to put on Little Ricky, did I?

And I'm still working on my "salad on a stick" idea after 14 years.
--
If you have had problems with Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC),
please contact shredder at bellsouth dot net. There may be a class-action