PBS's "Nova" and MER

Old January 15th 04, 09:30 PM
Pat Flannery

Default PBS's "Nova" and MER

OM wrote:

...As opposed to Pat, who had to fight off an army of Savage Nuns.

That portrayal of the Penguin in "The Blues Brothers" was dead on
target- as was the nuns ability to hurl erasers with the accuracy of a
JADM at any head in the classroom who wasn't paying attention.
I don't know if they were taught that before becoming teachers, but it
wouldn't surprise me; they were every bit as charming as Gaius Helen
Mohiam of the Bene Gesserit Sisterhood, although none of them ever asked
me to put my hand in her box.

Pat

Old January 28th 04, 10:24 PM
Bruce Sterling Woodcock

"Brian Thorn" wrote in message
On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 20:25:24 -0600, Pat Flannery
wrote:

In comparison to this, our lower-cost fast timeline missions are running
around 50% as to success rate.

Mars Pathfinder - Success
Mars Global Surveyor - Success
NEAR Shoemaker - Success
Lunar Prospector - Success
Mars Climate Orbiter - Failure
Mars Polar Lander - Failure
Stardust - In Progress
Mars Odyssey - Success
Genesis - In Progress
CONTOUR - Failure
MER Spirit - In Progress
MER Opportunity - In Progress

5 successes, 3 failures, 4 TBD.

You left off Deep Space 1 (success)
and the two Deep Space 2s (both failure).

Bruce