"Nazis Run Our Space Program" -- Peace Activist Bruce Gag-Me

Old March 3rd 05, 06:16 AM
Jim Oberg

Default "Nazis Run Our Space Program" -- Peace Activist Bruce Gag-Me

"Nazis Run Our Space Program" -- Peace Activist Bruce Gag-Me.

Bruce Gagnon has long been known as an anti-nuke whiner at Cape Canaveral,
where his name is mispronounced 'Bruce Gag-Me'. Seems he's getting on the
call-Bushies-all-nazis meme pretty enthusiastically. And his photograph on
his website shows him wearing a BERET -- enough said!!

Link courtesy of http://www.transterrestrial.com/, a site I really like.

http://space4peace.blogspot.com/2005...r-present.html
Monday, February 28, 2005
NAZI PAST OUR PRESENT
A woman called tonight that has seen our video called Arsenal of Hypocrisy:
The space program and the military industrial complex. She was very moved by
the part of the video that tells the story about the Nazi rocket scientists
brought to the U.S. after WWII in the secret military program called
Operation Paperclip. I first learned about the story when I read the book
Secret Agenda by former CNN investigative reporter Linda Hunt. The book told
in detail how 1,500 top Nazi scientists were smuggled into the U.S. through
Boston and West Palm Beach, Florida. One hundred of them, along with 100
copies of Hitler's V-2 rocket, were brought to Huntsville, Alabama to create
the U.S. space program. Wernher von Braun, the head of Hitler's team that
built the V-1 and V-2 rockets was made the first director of NASA's Marshall
Space Flight Center in Huntsville.

Old March 3rd 05, 06:48 AM
Dale

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 06:16:35 GMT, "Jim Oberg"
wrote:

"Nazis Run Our Space Program" -- Peace Activist Bruce Gag-Me.

Bruce Gagnon has long been known as an anti-nuke whiner at Cape Canaveral,
where his name is mispronounced 'Bruce Gag-Me'. Seems he's getting on the
call-Bushies-all-nazis meme pretty enthusiastically. And his photograph on
his website shows him wearing a BERET -- enough said!!

Hasn't the U.S. Army been wearing berets for quite some time now?

Berets- they aren't just for guys named "Marion" anymore

Dale

P.S. In defense of Bush- I doubt he can even spell "nazi" ;-)
Old March 3rd 05, 01:02 PM
Mike Flugennock

wrote:

"Nazis Run Our Space Program" -- Peace Activist Bruce Gag-Me.

Bruce Gagnon has long been known as an anti-nuke whiner at Cape Canaveral,
where his name is mispronounced 'Bruce Gag-Me'. Seems he's getting on the
call-Bushies-all-nazis meme pretty enthusiastically...

Never heard of the guy, but he sounds like the kind of "peace activist"
that gives the rest of us (;^ a bad name. Besides, I can't recall if WvB
was an actual, official Nazi Party member at all; Nebel was the only major
German rocketry society member I can recall who became a for-real Nazi
Party man.

And, of course, to jerk things back on-topic: I was actually drawn to
peace activism by the space program, after spending my early teens
watching the TV xmissions from the outbound coast, when they'd point the
CSM backwards and show us the Earth all tiny and fragile and
helpless-looking out in the middle of all that freekin' deep black
nothingness.

yer pal, Mike Flugennock, founding member,
Rusty Schweikart Appreciation Society (TINRSAS)

--
"All over, people changing their votes,
along with their overcoats;
Old March 4th 05, 03:38 AM
Pat Flannery

Mike Flugennock wrote:

Besides, I can't recall if WvB
was an actual, official Nazi Party member at all; Nebel was the only major
German rocketry society member I can recall who became a for-real Nazi
Party man.

WvB was a member of the Nazi party, and an officer in the SS; he stated
it was just a necessity to hold his position in the military scheme of
things.

Pat
Old March 4th 05, 04:57 AM
Henry Spencer

Pat Flannery wrote:
WvB was a member of the Nazi party, and an officer in the SS; he stated
it was just a necessity to hold his position in the military scheme of
things.

The SS rank was bestowed on him by Himmler, probably in a bid to gain more
influence over the V-2 project. WvB appears to have been embarrassed
about it, and reportedly never wore the uniform. But one did not refuse
an honor offered by Himmler...
--
"Think outside the box -- the box isn't our friend." | Henry Spencer
-- George Herbert |
Old March 4th 05, 04:39 PM
Pat Flannery

Henry Spencer wrote:

The SS rank was bestowed on him by Himmler, probably in a bid to gain more
influence over the V-2 project. WvB appears to have been embarrassed
about it, and reportedly never wore the uniform. But one did not refuse
an honor offered by Himmler...

Supposedly, there is an existing photo of him in the uniform.
http://waffen.mysteria.cz/ig-braun/braun-himmler.jpg
IIRC, he fessed up to this photo, saying it was the only time he wore
the uniform.

Pat
Old March 7th 05, 11:16 AM

Henry Spencer wrote:

The SS rank was bestowed on him by Himmler, probably in a bid to gain more
influence over the V-2 project. WvB appears to have been embarrassed
about it, and reportedly never wore the uniform. But one did not refuse
an honor offered by Himmler...
--
"Think outside the box -- the box isn't our friend." | Henry Spencer
-- George Herbert |

He wore it on one occasion - when Himmler visited Peenemunde.
There's a picture in The Rocket and the Reich by MJ Neufeld.

--
================================================= ======================

Michael Morton | Everything is linear if plotted on
School of Computer Sciences | log-log with a fat magic marker.
University of East Anglia, Norwich |
http://www2.cmp.uea.ac.uk/~mtm/work2/
================================================= =======================

Old March 3rd 05, 08:05 PM
Pat Flannery

Dale wrote:

Hasn't the U.S. Army been wearing berets for quite some time now?

Berets- they aren't just for guys named "Marion" anymore

Marion Morrison wore one in the movie "The Green Berets", as you point out.
Of course, this guy wore one also:
http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/9710/17/cuba.che/che.large.jpg
You have to admit that Che had the revolutionary look nailed 100%; this
guy could have caused Jane Fonda to have multiple orgasms by simply
coming within a hundred miles of her.
(Cut to image of Jane writhing in ecstasy on a south Florida beach.) :-P

Pat
Old March 3rd 05, 11:15 PM
Rand Simberg

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 14:05:08 -0600, in a place far, far away, Pat
Flannery made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

Marion Morrison wore one in the movie "The Green Berets", as you point out.
Of course, this guy wore one also:
http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/9710/17/cuba.che/che.large.jpg
You have to admit that Che had the revolutionary look nailed 100%;

Yes, to the point that it's become chic for clueless college kids to
worship a brutal thug that they know nothing about.